#3 Operator in Subscription Services – 1st shift
Primary Location: Eagan, MN, US
Hours of Work – Eagan, Minnesota
- 1st shift – 6:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Occasional overtime up to 4 hours per day and occasional weekend shifts
About the Role: In this opportunity as a #3 Subscription Services Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing job specifications for material and set-up requirements
- Performing or delegating/overseeing set-up tasks
- Monitoring the equipment and product through the job run to ensure a high-quality product
- Performing moderately complex trouble-shooting related to product or equipment
- Communicating effectively during shift and at shift hand-off
- Evaluating mechanical condition of equipment, completing preventative maintenance, involving Maintenance as needed
- Using computer-based workflows applications to manage files
- Accurately documenting activities on Tier Boards and in relevant systems (MII, SAP), i.e., material usage, equipment issues, etc
- Accurately marking, verifying and tagging loads correctly to ensure inventory accuracy
- Providing work direction to others, whether direct crew or other individuals in the workstream
- Actively participating in company safety programs and contributing to a safe culture
- Performing training as needed
- Meeting or exceeding established quality and productivity standards utilizing standard work procedures
- Generating, implementing, performing and sustaining continuous improvement ideas as well as housekeeping procedures to maintain work area
- Participating in project teams as needed
- Providing backup for other operators to cover absences or breaks
- Recommending and implementing process improvements
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher. Candidates with a vocational/technical degree are strongly preferred
- Experience leading and training others
- Experience working in an industrial setting with a wide range of production machinery
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, make decisions and resolve machine issues
- Experience with Lean and continuous improvement
- Competent with rulers and measurement
- Good communication skills
- Able to run multiple pieces of equipment
- Experience on Perfect Binders with up to 40 station collators, 3-knife trimmers, inline boxing and palletizing
- Experience with hard-cover casing-in lines, collating/kitting lines with up to 30 stream feeder stations, packaging/cartooning lines, Sitma mail lines, Aster sewing equipment and hot foil stampers
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and production orders
- Can regularly lift at least 5 lbs. above the shoulder as well as push, pull and lift at least 10 lbs occasionally up to 50 lbs
- Can regularly stand, walk, crouch, bend, reach and kneel
- Can wear Personal Protective Equipment including steel toe shoes and ear protection
What’s in it for you:
- Compensation: $4,000 in bonuses the first year, bonus plan
- Learning & Development: On-the-job coaching & learning, leadership capability development, Harvard Management Courses, key talent programs, tuition reimbursement
- Benefits: Comprehensive health coverage with benefits are effective day one, 3 weeks vacation, 6 sick days, 9 company holidays, 3 float days, uniform and laundry service, 401(K)
- Perks: Social events & activities, 2 paid volunteer workdays a year, gym reimbursement, cell phone discounts
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Days Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- COVID-19 Response: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.