Manufacturing Supervisor – 2nd shift
Primary Location: Eagan, MN, US
We are hiring an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor for our printing plant team in Eagan, Minnesota. As a Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team of pre-press employees and directing work activities to meet production, quality, and safety goals for Core Publishing Solutions. For this role, you would also be eligible for a $2,500 signing bonus upon being in the role for 90 days (excludes internal employees).
Hours of Work – Eagan, Minnesota
- 2nd shift – 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm
About the Role:
In this opportunity as a Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Directing work activity to meet departmental production targets
- Identifying and resolving complex technical problems
- Leading and participating in continuous improvement projects
- Identifying waste in processes and utilizing lean principles to minimize/eliminate
- Following leader standard work, i.e. daily gemba walks, tier board facilitation, and continuous improvement meetings with crew
- Working across departments to implement new technology, equipment, and processes
- People Management responsibilities include:
- Supervise a team and provide work direction, feedback, and ongoing communication about the business
- Develop employees’ skills through training and participation in process improvements
- Formally evaluate performance and make recommendations on compensation
- Make recommendations on hiring, discipline, and termination actions
- Safety responsibilities include:
- Serve as a role model for safety and hold employees accountable
- Conduct safety audits and accident investigations and recommend safety improvements
You’re a fit for the role of Manufacturing Supervisor if your background includes:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and 3-5+ years of related manufacturing experience including supervisory responsibilities.
- Proven supervisory skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office is required and experience with an ERP and SAP is preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques or fulfillment operations strongly preferred
What’s in it for you
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Bonuses: $2,500 sign-on bonus (excludes internal employees), shift premium for 2nd shift, bonus plan
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.