Core Publishing Solutions Operations/Continuous Improvement Internship 2023
Primary Location: Eagan, MN, US
Are you looking for an internship that provides real-world-project experience, networking with employees and executives worldwide, while growing your talents on a supportive and inclusive team? If so, we want to connect with you!
At Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions, we provide quality book printing and distribution services for our clients throughout Minnesota, the United States and around the world. With a range of printing, warehousing, and fulfillment services to offer, we provide clients with timely, cost-effective solutions to their printing and distribution needs.
Our 1.3 million square foot manufacturing facility in Eagan, Minnesota, is one of the largest printing, warehousing, and fulfillment facilities in the United States. We have a strong history of creating quality products for businesses within Thomson Reuters and for external customers around the globe.
We are looking for Manufacturing and/or Distribution Interns for Summer 2023 on the Core Publishing Solutions team supporting various departments, i.e., Press/Prepress/Digital Print, Bindery, Subscription Services, and Distribution. This is a hands-on, in-person intern opportunity in our MSP campus in Minnesota.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Manufacturing Operations Intern, you will:
- Contribute to the manufacturing & distribution organization in optimizing business processes through continuous improvement in the areas of Safety, Quality, Talent Development, Productivity & Cost Control.
You’re a fit for the role of a Core Publishing Solutions Intern if you:
- Are a 3rd or 4th year student in the following degree programs:
- Operations Management
- Graphic Communications Management or related program
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Business (operations focus)
- Have proven oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Planning and project management skills
- Ability to take direction on projects and work both autonomously and with a team
- Ability to adapt well to change in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and MS Teams
- Previous internship experience a plus
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. We offer an enriched internship program that focuses on developing the next generation of talent. Bringing your whole self to work is at our core. Here’s how we support your growth:
- Campus Culture: WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Programs for 2021, intern-focused events, weekly social hours, a dedicated intern appreciation day, Fireside Chats, partnerships with Business Resource Groups, & recognized company culture awarded for our diversity and inclusion
- Learning & Development: Project-based internship related to your degree, networking with colleagues and executive leaders across the globe, intern alumni panels, Executive Speaker Series, Thomson Reuters University and LinkedIn Learning skills academies, mentorship from managers and teams.
- Compensation: Competitively paid internships, full-time hours Monday to Friday, with company-designated holidays
- Social Impact: Intern volunteer days, local volunteer events impacting your community
- Purpose-Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth, and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Learn more at: https://corepublishingsolutions.com
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.