#1 Operator in Bindery – 2nd shift
Primary Location: Eagan, MN, US
Hours of Work – Eagan, Minnesota
- 2nd shift – 2:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Occasional overtime up to 4 hours per day and occasional weekend shifts
About the Role: In this opportunity as a #1/Lead Bindery Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership, work direction, and training/developing the skills of the crew to consistently optimize overall performance
- In addition to ensuring that the line is running smoothly and producing a quality product for our customers, Lead Operators are expected to facilitate Tier 1 meetings and Gemba Walk discussions to drive communication and improvements to the processes associated with the equipment
- Training for crew members who are temps or are coming in from another area to support workload
- Motivating others and creating a team environment
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher. Candidates with a vocational/technical degree are strongly preferred
- Experience leading and training others
- Experience working in an industrial setting with a wide range of production machinery
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, make decisions and resolve machine issues
- Experience with Lean and continuous improvement
- Good communication skills including experience sharing information across shifts and departments
- Proven success as a trainer
- Able to run multiple pieces of equipment
- Experience as a Lead on Perfect Binders with up to 40 station collators, 3-knife trimmers, inline boxing and palletizing
- Experience with hard-cover casing-in lines, collating/kitting lines with up to 30 streamfeeder stations, packaging/cartooning lines, Sitma mail lines and hot foil stampers
- Able to read, interpret and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and production orders
- Can regularly lift at least 5 lbs. above the shoulder as well as push, pull and lift at least 10 lbs occasionally up to 50 lbs
- Can regularly stand, walk, crouch, bend, reach and kneel
- Can wear Personal Protective Equipment including steel toe shoes and ear protection
- Able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Bonus: $4,000 in bonuses the first year, shift premium of 2nd shift – $4.00 per hour, bonus plan
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose-Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth, and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Bonus: Base salary and a variable compensation that is directly related to your success
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.