Technical Engineer – Powershell, IIS Config, VMWare
Primary Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Thomson Reuters provides knowledge to act: we deliver information quickly and efficiently so professionals can make decisions that matter. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. We aim to provide every one of our employees with a positive working environment, continued professional development and a commitment to work-life balance and equal opportunities. We are also part of a vast network of global career opportunities and actively encourage development of staff in the business.
The Confirmation operations team, a part of the Service Management organization provides centralized services for application operations for the Confirmation product suite. Being a Systems Engineer as part of our support team you will play an integral role in providing day-to-day support services involving change, incident and application management for one of our core application suites servicing our Tax and Audit customer base.
This position will allow you the opportunity to expand your technical skills while networking with professionals in Data Center operations, technology development and project management teams.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Keen to learn complex architectures and come up to speed quickly.
- A self learner, self driven and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Able to demonstrate ownership on accountabilities.
- Able to successfully communicate with business partners, management and technical team members.
- Proactive in raising problems and identifying solutions.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team setting.
- Perform change management functions involving software deployment and server maintenance requests.
- Coordinate and plan changes with other technology teams involving servers within our environment.
- Respond and mitigate incidents as they occur within the environment.
- Contribute details to post incident review process.
- Communicate and escalate customer impacting issues according to department guidelines.
- Represent operations in a technical fashion to leadership and development teams.
- Lead projects and engagements that evolve the stability, scalability, and supportability of the Novus platform.
- Partner with development and other operations team to continue evolving our monitoring and operational procedures for the Novus architecture.
- Be a customer advocate ensuring service requests are completed and assigned with the appropriate priority within the operations teams.
- Update support documentation as needed as environment changes occur.
- Develop to be a subject matter expert within a defined domain within our application environment, driving strategic discussions and improving service.
- College degree or technical certification.
- Desired ~3 years of experience in an enterprise level operations support role OR systems administration, software quality positions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, agile based environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2012 / 2016 environment.
- Working knowledge of IIS configurations and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Change and Incident management processes.
- Familiarity with software development and QA practices (e.g. Agile)
- Familiarity of database and networking concepts.
- Working AWS knowledge (containers, EC2, S3, load balancing)
- Working knowledge of support tools (SiteScope, DataDog, Qualys)
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Working knowledge with PowerShell and automation.
- Familiarity of SQL 2016 server
- Working knowledge of client / server environments
- History of defining and driving technical projects to completion with little guidance.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.