Operations Management Trainee
Primary Location: Eagan, MN, US
The Operations Management Trainee (OMT) program includes a rotation through all departments in Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions in preparation for a supervisory role. Candidates are introduced to the complete manufacturing processes of hard and softbound books plus warehouse and fulfillment functions, as well as operations management in a three-shift environment. The program involves hands-on experience in all aspects of the production process, as well as leadership development and project work.
Education: (minimum requirements)
· Bachelor's Degree preferred OR a minimum of 7 years of experience in print manufacturing or similar work environment required
· Experience in establishing a presence as a leader, formally or informally, and modeling appropriate behaviors
Knowledge and Skills:
Comfortable interacting with people at all levels; adept at building relationships
Experienced in addressing and working through conflict
Ability to give coaching and feedback to colleagues and subordinates
Demonstrated prioritization skills
Able to manage both upward and downward in a professional manner
Open to and willing to act on feedback and coaching
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
Computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; SAP/ERP/EFI/Smartsheet/ a plus
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form; including presentations in front of employees and senior leadership
Critical thinking and analytical skills
Proficient in project management and reporting
Flexibility to vary hours across three shifts as needed for rotational assignments in a 24×5 manufacturing operation
Experience with lean manufacturing or continuous improvement tools and methodologies preferred
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Bonus: $4,000 in bonuses the first year
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose-Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth, and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Bonus: Base salary and a variable compensation that is directly related to your success
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.