- Assist product staff with Product Requirement Specifications.
- Elaborate functional requirements for projects of high complexity, working with architects and developers. You will often need to gain and communicate an understanding of the system architecture and other technical details.
- Assist development and QA in understanding the functional requirements.
- Act as a point of reference for Product, Development and QA teams
- Issue revisions to functional specifications implementing suitable levels of change control.
- Initiate and run meetings with stakeholders to ensure requirements are defined in a timely manner.
- Work without supervision from other BAs.
- Review work by other BAs.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proven business analyst experience working with complex systems that demand attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills, for example data analysis and problem-solving in a technical environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey ideas clearly both orally and through documents/diagrams.
- Self-motivation, being happy to take ownership of tasks and deliverables.
- An understanding of financial products (for example Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Derivatives, Equities, Bonds) would be an advantage, as would previous exposure to real-time trading platforms/products.
- Previous exposure to agile development methods.
- Prior familiarity with Confluence/JIRA would be useful.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (required) in a numerate discipline (preferred, but other qualifications may be taken into account).
- BA professional certification (preferred).
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.