- Own revenue retention responsibility for law school customers in assigned territory and deliver revenue to plan. Prospect for new sales opportunities within existing customer base. Account managers function in both a customer service as well as a direct sales role.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; is focused securing long-term, Westlaw and Thomson Reuters preferred, customers within a designated territory of assigned law schools
- Attract and recruit a high performing team of student representatives across assigned territory; assume responsibilities for Student Representative management, including establishing performance metrics, hiring and HR issues, motivation, continued training, and consistent reporting of activities and results
- Develop strategic territory plans to manage a cost efficient, high performing business, through maximization of both in-person and online training as well as implementation of customer promotions
- Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from students, staff, faculty and administrators at law schools as well as other professionals in other channels.
- Exhibit a deep knowledge of Thomson Reuters products such as Westlaw, Practice Solutions, Print, and other software solutions, as well as the legal profession and the academic and law school industry; Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning, assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Represent Thomson Reuters at various trade shows and conferences, both regional and national in scope.
- Provide consistent and accurate reporting
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds lasting customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and product preference. Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from law school faculty and students
- Proven revenue retention success against target along with excellent account management and territory management skills
- Possesses strong ability to provide customers with high-impact training to exceed their needs
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to identify problem areas, trends, and opportunities and recommend action to management
- Leadership qualities including self-motivation, resilience, positive attitude, and a team player
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast paced environment that changes often
- Can master and communicate benefits of Thomson Reuters products and services to maximize value to customers
- Exhibits a strong knowledge of, or willingness to master, law school products such as Westlaw, print and media programs, workflow solutions, the law school market and the legal profession
- JD required
- Prior legal experience preferred
- Strong communication, presentation and legal research skills
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Field Account Management and sales/ marketing experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Ability to travel to training sessions, meetings and to law school locations as needed – 25% travel may be required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
San Francisco-California-United States of America