- Help build the vision. You are extremely passionate about Web technologies and Single Page Applications and possess an infectious enthusiasm for its promise and possibilities. You are a craftsman in addition to being an engineer and take pride in writing elegant, extensible code. You are laser focused on delivery in order to generate frequent feedback loops and iterations.
- Ability to balance legacy demands with future vision. Thomson Reuters is an established leader in the tax compliance market place, with a long history and lots of legacy code. So, while our ambitions are very much focused on the future, we need someone who possesses the patience and tolerance necessary to maintain existing systems and methods while working feverishly to construct the new. While we have traditionally hosted our services internally, we are migrating to public cloud infrastructure, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, specifically. We need your partnership in moving this transformation forward.
- Thinking in terms of computing at scale. You instinctively design and construct elastic, fault-tolerant, high-performance, scalable systems, that are cloud native.
Traits we are looking for:
- Engineering Excellence. You have at least two years of experience in a variety of contexts during which you’ve contributed to the construction of scalable, extensible software solutions and systems. You understand technology and possess a passion for excellence.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. At Thomson Reuters, commitment to customer satisfaction and technology excellence permeates everything we do. You care tremendously about delighting our users and ensuring that our market and technical leadership is sustained and extended. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America