Regional Manager, LMLF Sales and Client Management
The Regional Manager is responsible for managing the Thomson Reuters franchise in their assigned region; applying all the Thomson Reuters legal resources available to optimize the region's performance and year over year growth. This position is responsible for successfully leading a team of Account Managers and Account Representatives focused on building and enhancing customer relationships and meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- Drive the effective design and implementation of national account plans in the region, converge the efforts of Account Managers, Sales Executives, Account Representatives, Inside Account Managers, Solution Specialists, and Inside Sales to optimize the overall annual YOY growth in the Region of total firm revenue.
- Drive efforts to provide effective solution selling strategies. Understand the customers' needs and support the effort to partner with internal resources to develop solutions that meet the needs of the market.
- Meet the demands of the annual plan in terms of account, product and program goals and produce a regional business plan that can be successfully executed to produce those outcomes.
- Ensure compliance of all required reporting and effective use of all internal tools and resources.
- Support Account Managers and Account Representatives on achieving their monthly, quarterly and annual goals, by providing the necessary coaching, development and leadership to make each person and the overall Region successful against core metrics.
- Analyze market, competitor and firm business characteristics of the Region against Thomson Reuters assets and capabilities, to determine the business plan that the Regional Manager will apply to managing the regional franchise.
- Actively manage a development plan for each member of the Region, based on a quarterly performance management process and a talent management process, to build and maintain a high performance team.
- Team with Inside Sales, Inside Account Management, Solution Specialists, NPD, Strategic Marketing, Central Marketing and other organizations in order to optimize achieving sales revenue and growth responsibilities as well as Pilot participation.
- Responsible for ensuring positive and effective relationships are established and maintained with customers. Escalate customer issues as necessary and provide customer relationship support.
- Ensure all business dealings are handled professionally and ethically in accordance to established and accepted business practices. Support company processes and procedures and help to ensure the customers' experience is without compromise
Skills and Abilities
- Delivering Results
- Champions new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
- Sets high standards for performance, takes ownership, and drives accountability for results.
- Excellent Leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success and/or revenue retention and growth.
- Creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to People
- Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach job related skills to optimize employee's performance.
- Creates an environment to attract the best and brightest people.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Builds constructive relationships across the organization with key business partners including channel teammates, segment, NPD and Finance to drive the business forward.
- Works collaboratively across boundaries and gets things done despite divergent goals, cultures and perspectives.
- Customer First
- Uses knowledge of business dynamics to make good decisions and sustain the core business while driving profitable growth.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of products and services for the Large/Medium Law Firm Channel. Strong understanding of the market.
- Adept at forecasting monthly sales results
- The ability to use financial tools to assist in planning, forecasting and productivity improvement.
- Exemplifies a strong understanding of the law firm's overall business; ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information on law firms.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience; JD or MBA strongly preferred
- Strong appreciation and understanding of the fundamentals of how law firms operate and are profitable
- Strong understanding and experience with Solution Selling/Consultative Sales
- Prior management experience desired
- 5-7 years experience in a law firm or the legal profession, with direct experience with law firm workflows
- Strong B2B business development skills, including demonstrable experience in sales/up-sell, retention and solutions development
- Proficient with office applications such as MS Office
- Ability to travel
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America;Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America;Charlotte-North Carolina-United States of America