The Sales Engineer is a critical part of the Legal Tracker Sales team and is instrumental in helping drive Legal Tracker sales by identifying needs, proposing solutions & being an integral part of the opportunity-driven sales efforts. Legal Tracker is a SAAS, hosted solution that provides work-flow, collaborative and financial tools associated with the operations of a Corporate Legal Department.
- Assist sales teams to maximize closed sales & performance (greater than or equal to 100% of product plan) by gathering requirements for & articulating process around data conversions, integrations, security, implementations, Professional Services, and Sales Support/RFP’s
- Acts as a liaison with other Tracker departments & Thomson Reuters companies including Product Management, Client Relations, IT Operations, Product Development, and Marketing
- Update demo site for specific opportunities & ongoing sales optimization
- Maintain technical and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional networking & continuing education
- This is a customer facing role which is part of the team that will be quoting pricing, compiling proposals and statements of work
- Train team on new developments or updates that they should be familiar with
Competencies – Skills:
- Sales Skills: Ability to navigate a long and complex software and solutions sales cycle utilizing consultative selling skills and team selling
- Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility
- Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers’ business
- Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively with the team and across the organization.
- Relationship and Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, including senior management.
- Commitment to People: professional, courteous, respectful and friendly
- Collaboration/Partnership: team-oriented, generous with sharing best practices and feedback
- Customer first: customer-centric mentality
- Integrity: operates honestly and with high standard of ethics
- Delivering results: focused and able to take initiative with the ability to know when things are possible or not possible and be able to articulate either conclusion to the prospect company efficiently and succinctly
- Positive attitude: enthusiastic, energetic, passionate, curious and always looking to learn new information.
- Adaptable: Open to change and able to handle different or new problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years technical sales experience within software solutions
- Able to travel up to 10%
- Able to be available across multiple time zones when necessary
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Bellevue-Washington-United States of America