Investigative Solutions Technology Specialist
As a member of the Thomson Reuters Legal organization, the Investigative Solutions Technology Specialist is a public records data and overall technology expert, who works in a pre- and post-sales context to support the sales and effective implementation of customized, integrated public records data solutions for both federal, state, and local government customers and partners. The primary goal of this role is to provide appropriate technical support to assist government customer and partners to integrate our public records data into their systems and workflows. This role requires practical government application, as well as a base for a strong technical, sales support mindset. This will work closely with key members of the Thomson Reuters Legal organization, including the Regional Field Managers, Sales Representatives, Client Managers, Product Owners and other specialist staff, to ensure the effective sale and support of public records solutions to ensure the effective sale and support of integrated public records solutions for our government customers/partners.
Position Location: Washington DC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of public records and open source data
- Demonstrated competencies with core technologies such as XML and XML Schema, web services (ReSTful and SOAP), and object-oriented programming languages like C# or Java
- Proficiency with data structures such as delimited text file and RDBMS/SQL
- Solid understanding of data communications protocols/technologies including HTTP
- Proficiency with data manipulation tools like Microsoft Excel and data transformation tools
- Experience with pre-sales presentations/demos, as well as post-sales project work
- Ability to conceptualize, articulate and support the build of technical solutions involving public records data
- Ability to identify internal and external resources needed in order to create customized solutions
- Experience in having primary responsibility for external customers and partners, as the primary technical point of contact in support of integrated solutions they are building
- Proven ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, from senior management to technical and non-technical personnel
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters/West products and services a plus
- Exposure to the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) a plus
- Work closely with Dir. Integrated Solutions, Account Manager and Product Specialists to create and execute customer specific technology solutions to improve customers’ business practices and processes, that align with the overall business, goals and objectives for government customers.
- Assist with the collection of requirements to understand unique client mission and provide a custom solution to integrate public records content into customer/partner systems and workflows.
- Provide primary technical/data consultancy and support for customer/partner-specific solutions across many different accounts. Ability to multitask is required.
- Design and implement customized batch workflow solutions for government customers that access Thomson Reuters public records data.
- Provide customer and market input into business cases for customized solutions.
- Provide strategic input to government leadership, Technology and Product Development groups using technical expertise and knowledge of customer technology requirements and infrastructure.
- Assist with compliance management of customer/partner solutions from pricing, technical and legal perspectives.
- Four year college degree (technology field preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of Thomson Reuters experience or equivalent like-industry experience with public records and open source data (field experience preferred)
- Experience with implementing and supporting related technical solutions for multiple government and commercial clients simultaneously.
- Previous externally-facing technical sales support experience
- Previous experience with Government and Third Party Integrators business and practices technologies, including federated search and workflow/portal technologies.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, previous presentation experience required
- Understanding of network infrastructure and communication protocols
- Experience with XML, web services and network communication protocols required
- Some hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages like C# or Java
- Previous consulting and/or project management experience required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America