Overview of the roles
These positions manage and grow both revenue and market share, at some of the most strategic and complex accounts within the West region. To maximize customer satisfaction and achieve the company's strategic objectives, the Account Manager and Client Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships which will ultimately drive revenue growth. They will collaborate with other business units to execute on account strategies and deliver a comprehensive product offering to meet overall customer needs.
- Manage, retain and grow revenue
- Responsible for sales and accountable for service performance (may include new sales and revenue quota attainment).
- Establish strong, long-term customer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities
- Continue to maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Strategically develop and execute a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for growth and revenue as appropriate
- Apply knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth
- Collaborate with account teams and/or other business units where required and have oversight of all account activities
- Responsible for forecasting, keep management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gather intelligence on competitor activity, and give feedback to other internal stakeholders
- Act as point of contact for the client, provide escalation path to and from Service and attend to customer issues promptly as appropriate
- Track customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities
- May provide customer product training as necessary
- Advance the sale, application and evolution of products within accounts
- Maintain up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
- Demonstrate skills in managing and handling sales across accounts
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Strong understanding of customers and their business workflows (buyside knowledge is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of financial desktop applications, datafeeds, and/or risk and compliance solutions
- Relationship building skills
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative sale)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technologies with a high level of proficiency
- Problem solving--ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization
- Ability to collaborate with account teams
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.