Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Support Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose / Summary:
Provide first line application support to external customers, assisting them with MatterSphere Software problems via phone, email or web.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Problem resolution - Communicate and recommend complex business process, procedures and diverse information to resolve customer issues. Gather complete customer information, research internal knowledgebase and documentation for known solutions, isolate causes and take restorative actions while minimizing disruption to the customer’s business operation and document steps taken. Field escalated problems and crisis customer issues providing communication to the customer and management staff. Identify and communicate common elements of incidents escalated to the appropriate internal groups (development/support management) to drive visibility and resolution. The technical analyst act as the voice of support to development and must be able to articulate actions taken by the support team towards resolution of escalated incidents to a diverse audience of participants.
- Customer satisfaction - Respond to and communicate timely and effectively with customers providing professional, courteous and knowledgeable service. Act with an appropriate sense of urgency and follow up to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction and develop a rapport through successful personal interactions and customer account management skills.
- Teamwork – Interact with colleagues to effectively resolve customer issues on a timely basis. Coach, mentor and provide technical training to other analysts in the department to drive knowledge transfer. Participate in team and cross functional meetings to contribute suggestions and solutions to increase effectiveness. Develop and maintain subject matter expertise including specialty tools and utilities to troubleshoot and repair technical issues.
- Technical expertise - Acquire and maintain advanced level expertise of Elite software products operating platforms, in-depth knowledge of how customers can utilize or adapt the software to effectively manage their business both financially and operationally. Provide consultative support across a sub-set of the Thomson Reuters Elite product set or broad-based in-depth support for the entire product set.
Mandatory Skills and Experience Required:
- Exceptional customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting and solving complex problems.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent organisational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and network operating systems and expertise in troubleshooting hardware and software compatibility issues across various configurations.
Desired Skills and Experience Required:
- Proficient technical knowledge of MS-Windows, MS SQL Server and concepts of SQL databases including advanced query analysis and/or engine optimization
- .NET Technologies
- Scripting (C#, VB, Java, HTML, CSS)
- Reporting tools
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.