Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- 0-2 years experience in a computer systems/network environment or a degree in an IT related subject
- To ensure that business critical task checklists are followed and that all scheduled events are completed correctly in a timely and efficient manner
- To ensure correct referral and escalation of issues
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System operated in the respective site
- To identify and report deficiencies in systems, services and procedures, and ensure that corrective actions identified are completed
- To produce routine daily logs, exception reports and to produce reports on major service incidents
- To carry out scheduled system software and hardware upgrades as directed through the Change Management System
- To liase with internal and external customers answering queries and resolving service issues in a timely and professional manner
- To ensure that customers and respective helpdesks receive timely and accurate advice of service problems
- To ensure personal awareness of and adherence to established Incident Management and Problem Management procedures
- To ensure personal knowledge of all supported systems is continually updated
- A demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both orally and in writing
- Customer facing skills (ability to communicate clearly with customers via orally and written mediums)
- The capability to work on shifts as part of a team to achieve a common goal
- Be able to manage own work and multitask, meet tight deadlines without losing sight of priorities
- To provide a high level of customer service, whilst working under pressure
- Be focused on the quality and efficiency of the work you are involved in to meet customer needs and expectations
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and have a "can-do" attitude
- Be driven and committed to the goals and objectives of the team and organisation as a whole
- Must have minimum knowledge and understanding of financial markets
- Ability to act rapidly and logically under pressure, and make effective use of others in resolving problems
- Total of 0 - 2 + years of supporting IT infrastructure
- 1+ years of mandatory NOC experience in similar environment would be a added advantage
- 1+ years of Windows or UNIX administration skills would be a added advantage
- 1+ years of excellent understanding of ITIL process with appropriate fundamental accreditation
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (Should be in a position to communicate to global teams and senior management)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.