Account Executive, SLF
The Account Executive (AE) in the Small Law Channel is responsible for retaining and growing their existing account base and acquiring new accounts within their area of responsibility. Their territory consists primarily of an existing client base of approximately 230 accounts in 1-29 attorney size firms. The AE position is field based, requiring excellent face to face, telephone and writing skills. The successful AE draws on their high level of initiative and ability to apply strong business acumen to conduct a thorough needs analysis within their accounts. The successful AE has the ability to develop trust, demonstrate their credibility with all account stakeholders through their knowledge of Thomson Reuters’ products, and services and acquired knowledge of the legal industry. The AE tailors their presentations to the unique needs of the individual account and articulates their proposals through ROI justification to shorten the sales cycle.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Networks and partners with customers both over the phone and in person in order to build confidence and develop win/win solutions; proactively stays on top of additional sales opportunities while navigating through customer organizations, balances frequency of contact with potential for new sales.
- Effectively manages his/her territory via phone and in person by allocating appropriate time to prioritize goals, requirements, renewal opportunities and sales opportunities.
- Demonstrates an excellent ability to meet the demands of selling to a large customer base by strategizing customer contact methods; operate with effectiveness and determination; acts promptly to take advantage of multiple opportunities; remains realistically positive in sales situations; persists to achieve sales goals despite barriers or difficulties by changing strategies, doubling efforts, or employing other techniques.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to consistently build trust and confidence with users, key contacts, managers and executives at Thomson Reuters’ customer sites; communicates and interacts effectively with internal team partners to achieve goals.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of Thomson Reuters products, as well as the legal profession and the legal publishing industry: Relishes on-going, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly; welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Attains sales and renewal targets and quotas on a monthly basis by both in person customer visits and meetings over the phone.
- Demonstrates the use of Small Law products to the customer
- Obtains and provides territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration
- Confers with and assists in customer-related issues, including collections and complaints, as needed to maintain good customer relations
- Completes weekly sales performance reports and completes all Salesforce.com reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Attends sales meetings and conventions as required
- Minimum 5 years successful sales experience (both over the phone and field sales); Legal industry preferred.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience, JD a plus
- Software as a Service Sales (SAAS) Experience a plus
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Excellent communication skills and closing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- High level of competency with regard to internet, periodical and internal prospecting.
- Proficient database management skills
Ideal Candidate Profile/Success factors:
- JD, legal sales experience, or SAAS experience
- Consultative sales skills, specifically working with clients on a series of small sales over an extended period of time
- Demonstrated success in a sales positions requiring a high activity level
- Strong listening skills and ability to ask probing questions
- Proficiency with sales related tools, ex. CRM systems
- High level of integrity and strong understanding of sales ethics
- Continuous learner, flexible and open-minded
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Albany-New York-United States of America