We're growing a team of highly skilled and passionate engineers to help build, develop and operate large-scale public cloud environments. The group is responsible for creating a platform that allows development groups to leverage Public Cloud resources in a standard, supportable framework.
You'll be joining us to help shape and lead a team of engineers to help deliver on our goals.
This is a chance to work with a small group of motivated, knowledgeable and passionate individuals in an effort to mould the way that Thomson Reuters moves to providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure. We work globally and are looking for someone with knowledge of working in a DevOps fashion to deliver these new technologies. You'll need to work fast and learn as you go, but this is a chance to change the way we run things in Thomson Reuters. We value technical aptitude, innovative thinking and a great learning ability above proficiency with specific toolsets. And we are always open to new ideas and methods.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Take lead on closely with architects to develop and build complex cloud services and capabilities that meet the needs of Thomson Reuters product development groups
- Drive interactions with our community of technologists to describe & own the work produced by team
- Ongoing support and development of cloud services including working with Thomson Reuters product development groups to build cloud aware applications
- Develop automated processes to prevent, identify and fix problems that impact service availability
- Develop, document and operate toolkits for the provisioning and managing of cloud infrastructure
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives
- Work as part of a larger SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team to provide operations support for our AWS & Azure accounts
- Identify and deliver improvements across a broad range of areas such as cost savings, security, ease of use & reliability. Take ownership of these and drive to completion.
Leadership & Communication (25%)
- Lead a local team to deliver business unit priority work
- Help to identify and champion priority workloads with the wider Cloud organisation
- Run SCRUM session with local team and participate in wider team direction setting
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal customers, management and other Enterprise Cloud teams dispersed across the globe
- Collaborate with product develop teams to translate high level technical requirements and in turn define infrastructure changes
- Participate in meetings with internal customers and effectively negotiate expectations
- Provide metrics around reliability, stability and performance of our infrastructure
- Set individual & team goals that are consistent with business goals.
Business Acumen and Strategy (15%)
- Develop a broad knowledge of Thomson Reuters business strategies and product portfolio
- Innovate new and improved uses of technology to meet business objectives
- Understand the impact of new technologies and their technical impacts to supported systems
- Collaborate with peers, architects and managers to understand strategy and how best to operationalise it across the cloud environments
A four-year degree or equivalent preferred plus 3 years in related work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years related technology experience
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams
- Proved track record of delivering goals
- Experienced in writing clean code in Python
- Knowledge of these public cloud service providers: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Experienced in automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Jenkins & Git
- Knowledge & Experience of modern agile development methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery and infrastructure changes
- Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services
- Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies and drive to completion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in writing clean code in other Object Orientated languages: Java, C#, Ruby...
- Experience in developing IaaS development toolkits
- Experience in working as part of an existing Site Reliability Engineering team
- Experience with any public or private cloud technologies/services
- Expertise in Windows and Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL) and networking infrastructure and services (routing, switching, DNS, NTP)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America