Own the technical relationship with customers, chair regular client service reviews.
Responsible for TR initiatives whilst being the technical go-to person responsible for customer's end-to-end technical & service experience.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is the technical arm of the Account team. Demonstrate technical expertise, establishes credibility with both technical resources and decision makers.
Key partner to the Account Manager, Client/Sales Specialists.
The TAM is ideally placed to identify business opportunities discovered as a consequence of their Trusted advisor status
- Participate in developing technical account strategy with Account Managers.
- Provide pre and post-sales support for technical solutions and capabilities.
- Proactive regular meetings with clients to review infrastructure requirements, systems capacity and other technical related interest.
- Regular meeting and contact with clients to review service quality, service issues, satisfaction with technical services and keeping clients informed of progress of any promised actions or remedies.
- Keep clients updated on Thomson Reuters technologies and product roadmaps and ascertain potential prospects for future sales.
- Provide technical advice to clients using TR expert groups where necessary.
- Support beta testing by identifying suitable sites and gather beta feedback.
- Provide feedback from clients to internal groups on service expectations, service performance perceptions, capability issues and enhancement ideas.
- Provide the technical interface to clients during problem resolutions including keeping clients informed of progress and re medial actions being taken.
- Value added technical services (e.g. out-of-scope technical services).
- Take the lead escalation point for either Client or Thomson Reuters internal group.
- Frequent travel to visit customers.
Scope and Impact:
- Financial responsibilities (eg budget, revenue, revenue, OI, gross sales etc)
- Influencer of net sales, net installs and lead generation as part of the account team.
- Supervision received is low to moderate.
- The role has a high-level impact of the external image and reputation of the company
- Needs to be aware of internal business issues and a range of customer issues.
- Works in a pressurized, time critical environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in technical or information technology with broad PC, Networking and Technology knowledge & experience.
- Project Management (e.g. Prince, PMP) or service management certification (e.g. ITIL) is an advantage.
- Training/experience in negotiation skills, presentation skills and communication skills will be helpful in succeeding in role.
- Examples of successes whilst working in a Service Management, Project - Management or Technical business role.
- Experience of working within a complex matrix organization.
- Understanding of the delivery and implementation of Market Data capabilities from the customer perspective.
- Solid experience with Architecture and System Design, including paper design and hands-on implementation.
- Examples of great communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong track record of working in a customer facing environment and driving initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Identifying opportunities based on issues or problems uncovered.
- Strong project management - delivering the benefits in a complex environment.
- Involvement in face to face customer meetings.
- Taking ownership of clients outages\concerns and complaints.
- Working with Account Management, Client/Sales Specialists.
- Working with support organizations, CTS, Helpdesk, Solutions.
- Prefer candidates with consulting experience, experience making formal presentations and have strong presentation/communication skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Dubai-United Arab Emirates