Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation connects our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Technical Helpdesk Advisor
Position Type: permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
The Technical Helpdesk Advisor is responsible for delivering superior customer experience through the resolution of all inbound customer queries.
Using expert knowledge of our digital products and online solutions to resolve queries and to test and work with stakeholders to develop resolutions to issues.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Daily interaction with customers via phone and email communication across a range of issues and digital and online products
- Proactively provides solutions to customer queries and problems, applying expertise of products, services and the customer’s account history to maximum customer satisfaction
- Maintains ownership of queries to their conclusion, effectively managing hand-offs to other teams as necessary and keeping the customer proactively informed of progress through to query conclusion
- To test errors to develop resolutions and escalate issues to product teams and 3rd party stakeholders
- Advises customers of service enhancements, forthcoming new product information and special to ensure the customer is fully informed at all times
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining standards of quality and productivity for all customer queries including meeting agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Ensures that internal stakeholders are informed of potential problems, issues and opportunities to maximise effectiveness
- Handles customer queries in an efficient, timely and professional manner that is consistent with the Thomson Reuters brand and values to maintain customer satisfaction and retention
- Identifies opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience in a customer service role with experience of digital and/or online products
- Systems knowledge – Microsoft office products, experience of SAP, Infoview and Siebel desirable
- Experience of working with internal and external customers
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and in terms that are understood by customers with differing levels of technical understanding.
- Ability to think logically and broadly to understand technical information and consider a variety of options to resolve technical queries
- Computer literate with experience of commonly used systems – Microsoft experience or qualifications desirable
- Computer literate and experience of Windows based operations, commands, hardware and software applications (essential)
- Ability to obtain information from customers to fully understand the issue and speed up the resolution of queries.
- Ability to support other team member and share critical knowledge and information
- Ability and confidence to proactively engage with internal and external customers via all contact methods
Education/ Certifications Required:
- A minimum of 6 GCSE’s including English & Mathematics at grade C or above (GCSE or equivalent) or A level standard
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Any Technical qualifications would be helpful
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.