We are seeking an Indirect Tax - Systems and Tax Consultant to support our Sales Teams in both VAT and U.S. Sales Cycles. Qualified candidates sought who possess strong VAT & U.S. experience to support our global Sales efforts for ONESOURCE transactional tax solutions. is to provide strategic prospective customers with technical expertise, build quality relationships at senior levels with both IT and Business leaders and professionals, conduct thorough needs analysis for targeted demonstrations, uncover potential objections, and assist in defining the competitive landscape. As a ONESOURCE Consultant you will be responsible for drawing on the appropriate skills in the areas of VAT and U.S. Tax, tax compliance, business processes, and business operations throughout the sales process. Your knowledge of both indirect taxes and business processes will enable you to document and prepare transaction tax scenarios and use cases, offering our (prospective) clients practical automation solutions for the demands of determining, calculating, and recording transaction taxes. Working for the Director of Pre-Sales, you will manage multiple customer prospects and assist the sales team in developing client business cases in order to establish a 'tax win' in the overall sales process. In addition, you will actively identify transaction tax process issues for prospective customers, participate in proposal development, help the account team to develop use cases, and participate in product demonstrations. Working under the direction of the account executives, you will also determine when and how third party tax consulting partners can assist in the sales process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Account Executives to achieve sales targets.
- Be able to professionally represent and sell ONESOURCE technology and business services/solutions to all levels of buyers in the tax and finance organizations of global companies.
- Assist Account Executives in the qualification of a potential client's indirect tax situation, opportunity to lower total cost of tax compliance, and strategizing of key accounts and opportunities
- Be able to articulate ONESOURCE’ value proposition as it relates to each prospect's unique critical business tax issues using customized solution demonstrations.
- Lead all Tax Consultant activities in assigned opportunities, including hands-on involvement during certain phases of the sales process and project management of ONESOURCE resources during the evaluation process.
- Establish strong relationships with customers/client tax professionals and provide business process consulting to ensure clients achieve maximum business return on their use of ONESOURCE solutions/services throughout their sales and implementation cycle.
- Engage the ONESOURCE Sales Engineer and ONESOURCE Professional Services Team in the development of the statement of work (SOW) and the transition from sales to professional services, ensuring that the project tax win expectations in terms of objectives and deliverables are clearly understood and agreed by all parties, in readiness for professional services to kick-off the project.
- Collaboration with the Account Executive on engagement of third party tax consultants (e.g. "Big 4") in the sales process.
- Work closely with Product Management and Tax Research to identify industry tax trends, evaluate capability enhancements and validate business cases for future development.
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the Sales Consulting team to develop and maintain innovative demonstration tools and service descriptions such as demo sites, scripts, and product documentation for Account Executives.
- Liaise with Product Management and Engineering to deliver product/service enhancement presentations, trainings to Corporate Sales team prior to releases.
- Assist on responses to Request for Proposals during the sales cycle.
Work location in Northern California, San Francisco or the metro New York area of the U.S. preferred.
- 5+ years of domain expertise in VAT/U.S. management or consulting
- 5+ years experience, working in a customer facing role or as an integral part of a customer facing team
- Consultative VAT /U.S.services selling experience a plus.
- Familiar with ERP (ORCL, SAP) and other financial systems and interaction with the tax returns a plus
- Experience in working on tax automation integrations a plus.
- An understanding of audit challenges corporations face in managing indirect taxes
- Strong interpersonal skills, written & oral communication abilities and training skills/experience
- The applicant must be willing to travel to meet with the tax teams of clients and prospective customers
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, taxation or related field or equivalent experience. Computer Science also beneficial.
- Builds relationships with potential customer's IT Department
- Performs extensive needs analysis and client contact before product demonstration.
- Performs focused product demonstrations.
- Responds to RFPs with great detail and professionalism.
- Assists sales managers/sales reps in preparation of proposals.
- Answers one-off questions from potential customers.
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products.
- Provides technical leadership and ensures technical issues are resolved.
- Work with Product Management to enhance solution offering and provide feedback and direction from the field.
- Visit customers and develop relationships to provide insight and value-add stories to the sales cycle.
- Work closely with Professional Services to sell services and provide detailed Statements of Work.
- Travels within assigned territory as required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;San Francisco-California-United States of America