- Candidate will work closely with Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) adopting strategies and common standard across the TechOps cloud team.
- Candidate will present the TechOps cloud team’s views, provide feedback, and contribute ideas back to CCoE on occasion as well, not just be a consumer. Communication and being a collaborative influencer will be core traits.
- Candidate will lead Well Architected Review meetings with all the product teams, as a pre-requisite for deployments to the production environment.
- They will be in charge of determining what tools and best practices to leverage in the Cloud Platform
- Candidate will be providing oversight and best practice guidance to multiple projects throughout the Corporate segment.
- Candidate will work with development teams to engrain in them the tenets of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) such as optimizing monitoring, architecting synthetic transactions, organizing and leading game-day simulations and leading postmortems & RCA reviews.
- Build frameworks around cloud standards and provide technical governance of projects to ensure adherence with standards.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior management.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of Solution Architecture, Data Center Service Delivery or Operations experience.
- Deep Understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies with emphasis on Amazon Web Services.
- Strong understanding of WAN/LAN Routing issues including the ability to perform basic network troubleshooting.
- Experience with designing and implementing complex system configurations and standards for VMWare ESX, x86, and Linux or implementing solutions on AWS, Google, Azure cloud platforms.
- Good understanding of Security technologies (SSL, IPSec, authentication, etc.)
- Ability to contribute to, influence, or direct a variety of projects concurrently.
- Ability to mentor junior development and engineering staff.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud-native architecture and engineering best practices
- Extensive software development experience utilizing Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge of a wide array of Infrastructure and Platform technologies including distributed data stores, container management and serverless architectures.
- Infrastructure automation and continuous delivery solutions.
- Automation Tools supporting provisioning, run book automation, and life cycle management.
- Experienced at evaluating the impact a given solution will have on application and infrastructure environments
- Should be familiar with the tenets of SRE and be willing to apply SRE best practices to the projects that on-board to the cloud.
- Certifications in AWS preferred.
- Organize and occasionally host, the TechOps monthly update meetings
- Contribute to internal technical discussions, peer reviews, interview panel etc.
- Contribute content via blogs and technical article postings on the internal blogosphere.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America