Role requires good introductory knowledge of corporate loan market. Significant client engagement with senior lenders to gauge market tone, garner data and develop analysis for internal operations. The analyst will be expected to build and maintain strong relationship with banks. Support analysts and senior market analysts as well as input deal information into Thomson Reuters’s loan database. The candidate should be self-motivated. Having knowledge of syndication loan market is helpful. Experience with SQL and MS Excel required; Microsoft Access preferred.
Position will provide:
- Opportunities to learn about syndicated loan markets, various debt-related asset classes, deal structures, data management, and database building in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment
- Much opportunity for advancement
- Forming Relationships with external market players to clarify, reconcile and gather data.
- Process and maintain data accurately and in a timely manner into databases.
- Ensures data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness per company standards for their covered product/market.
- Supports specific projects, as assigned by the manager.
- Deliver high productivity and quality data.
- Proactively identify and resolve data problems.
- Provide accurate and timely data for Thomson Reuters products within defined metric criteria. Responsible for assigned market data within defined region.
- Works with project team members for projects of medium scope of moderate complexity.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed time-frames and quality standards.
- Quality of work is reviewed by manager to ensure it is delivered within set parameters of timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Works independently within defined area, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Forming Relationships with external market players to clarify, reconcile and gather data
- Process and maintain data accurately and in a timely manner into databases
- Ensures data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness per company standards for their covered product/market
- Supports specific projects, as assigned by the manager and working with team members
- Deliver high productivity and quality data
- Proactively identify and resolve data problems
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed time-frames and quality standards
- Works independently within defined area, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge
The ideal candidates will have:
- Have BA/BS degree
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & MS Excel
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated research skills, with analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Work well as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with clients via emails and phone
- Take responsibility for data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness
- Be detail-oriented, with an ability to spot data anomalies and follow strict compliance requirements
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America