We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and forward-thinking professional to implement operational strategies that will meet the needs of modern and next-generation learners for the ONESOURCE product suite. This person will help maximize the efficiency of our Training Operations and take it to the next level.
- Training Environments:
- Partner with Content Development to configure and maintain training environments for ONESOURCE product suite appropriate for target audience
- Robotics and Innovation:
- Analyze specific operational aspects and recommend/implement improved process through robotics or automation
- Perform other duties related to operations as identified by the Operations Manager
- Support maintenance of Learning Management System that may include user and course management
- Support specific events, as needed, to ensure technical requirements are provided for the event
- Research/identify communication options for newsletters and other internal communications
- Support CPE processing functions, including automation of manual components
- Actively develop ONESOURCE product knowledge
- Participate in readiness activities to stay abreast of product enhancements and training deliverables
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders and team members
- BS degree
- 2+years of experience in a technical support role; experience with similar industry preferable
- Strong database management skills and experience
- Strong technical skills; ability to learn and work successfully with new technologies
- Motivation and drive to identify and test new ways of approaching existing processes
- Power user of all Microsoft Tools (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) or similar platform is preferable
- Experience with HTML and robotics is preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills including proven ability to collaborate with teams and individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong problem‐solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture
- Ability to successfully multi‐task, set priorities, and meet timelines
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America