Grow market share of financial analytics market by proactively developing and deploying domain-based sales strategies in collaboration with account management and utilizing specialist knowledge to deliver gross sales. Major emphasis on opening up new business, both within existing accounts and new customers. Focusing on growth based on a value sale. Be the voice of the customer, feeding into developing team to inform business strategy. “Hunt” and convert leads passed to them. Assist in key retention situations as required.
- Deliver recurring and outright revenue to sell specialized products to Commodities and Energy and build on reputation as a business, markets or technology expert.
- Secure liquidity/ usage growth on selected products.
- Generate new opportunities, follow and develop opportunities and leads provided by other sources.
- Provide domain expertise relative to the customer segment (expert in markets-based product knowledge).
- Ensure the effective handover of accounts to the account management team post set up.
- Gathers feedback from the customers.
- Maintain accurate customer contacts and opportunity data in CRM systems.
- Develop innovative approaches to problems facing financial markets, IT and business owners.
- Plan the approach with the account manager.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Responsible for selling set of products to Commodities & Energy segment in Japan, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognize client needs and propose solution.
- Might have specialist sales target for liquidity/ usage relating to a set of products.
- Have own sales targets.
- Pro-active in developing opportunities.
- Fluent Japanese and English speaking and writing.
- 4 to 10 years working experience.
- Strong ability to negotiate and close deals.
- Ability to handle customer contacts and internal business units.
- Able to work under pressure, independently and good sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Proven track record meeting sales revenue target.
- Prior Account Management/Solutions Sales experience working with major Commodities & Energy trading companies, large Corporate.
- Understand the commodity trading/ procurement workflow.
- Good network in the domestic Commodities & Energy space would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective and positive leadership qualities desired.
- A self-starter with the ability to drive the sales process within assigned accounts. Highly motivated and the ability to work pro-actively.
- Sound negotiation skills and a strong team player.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility and result oriented.
- Willingness to travel at short notice.
- Good understanding on Thomson Reuters's value and principles.
- Excellent financial market and industry knowledge required.
- Experience with business processes: pricing, Investment, settlement, operations etc.
- Customer experience welcome: energy trading, broking, investment etc.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.