To lead a team within a business unit to ensure provision of the best implementation and support for our information and selected productized solutions offerings in a profitable manner.
- Participate in developing technical account strategy with Accounts Managers Pre and Post sales support for providing technical solutions.
- Proactive regular meetings with clients to review infrastructure requirements, systems capacity and other technical requirements.
- Regular meeting and contact with clients to review service quality, service issues, satisfaction with technical services and keeping clients informed of progress of any promised actions or remedies.
- Keep clients updated on Thomson Reuters technologies and product roadmaps and ascertain potential prospects for future sales.
- Provide updates to TDB input for software and configuration inventory. High level project planning and co-ordination for client site construction.
- Provide cost estimates of technical activities for quotation purposes.
- Monitor and drive Global Service Level Agreement performances.
- Provide expert technical advice to clients and internal customers.
- Support beta testing by identifying suitable sites and gather beta feedback.
- Provide feedback from clients to internal support groups on service expectations and service performance perceptions.
- Provide the technical interface to clients during problem resolutions including keeping clients informed of progress and remedial actions being taken.
- Support Master Support Framework implementations. Support achievements of goal for Strategic Targets.
- Value added technical services (e.g. out-of-scope technical services).
SCOPE & IMPACT
- The role is with small/medium sized accounts.
- No budgetary responsibility.
- Exposed to issues of relatively routine, operational and short-term nature, as well as to more complex and long term issues.
- Supervision received is low to moderate.
- The role has a high-level impact on the external image and reputation of the company.
- Need to be aware of internal business issues and a range of customer issues.
- Works in a pressurized, time critical environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Level of knowledge and application of skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Proven project management skills in a dynamic business environment.
- Significant work experience in open systems environments including networking technologies, different hardware platforms, and current operating systems.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
- Global Technical Managers
- Global Business Directors
- Account management teams.
- Support organization -Data, Operations etc.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
South Africa;Century City-South Africa