JOB DESCRIPTION – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a lead role to be responsible for one or some TR systems design, development and support.
- Work with project manager or product manager to ensure the delivery of high quality of software on time.
- Work with Technical Operation system to ensure the service stability and quick turn around the production issue within acceptable time period.
- Make sure the completion of the objectives assigned to team within the agreed timeframe.
- Core API design.
- Reviewing design, code, implementation and test cases, of own work, or work of colleagues, to ensure compliance to requirements and architectural specifications.
- Working with project team to make modifications to existing software applications, or to develop and integrate new applications according to specifications and industry standards. Able to identify the technical risks in a project and provide solution.
- Liaising with colleagues in sites overseas, and internal customers on trouble shooting, analysis and solution on maintenance / support issues.
- Researching new and emerging technologies. Evaluating and making recommendations for new tools, technologies, and platforms to be implemented.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Technical and/or Functional skill
- BS or MS Degree in CS, Engineering or related fields
- > 1 year team, project leader role, in >4 people team/project size, either direct or functional.
- > 4 years system design, code and test experience. Have been a major design decision maker in a >100k line source code level system.
- > 5 years independent professional working experience in multiple IT (networking, application engineering, operations, service support, etc) areas.
- Strong ability on Java, SSH, PL/SQL programming.
- Strong knowledge on JDK and Oracle database performance tuning.
- Experience on large data volume process at least hundreds of millions.
- Strong ability on Java multithreading programming.
- Strong knowledge on Java design pattern.
- Computing related experience: Linux, Window OS, XML
- Strong debug and troubleshooting experience on Windows platform and Linux platform.
- Familiar with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience on Ext JS, JQuery, AngularJS is a plus.
- Provide continuous support and willing to shift work time to fit the needs where the service requested from different time zone. Strong sense of system support and customer satisfaction.
Other professional skills and abilities:
- A proactive team player with the ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Independency and strong sense of ownership to solve problems and accountable for the quality of own work.
- Good timekeeping; well self-managed
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high pressure
- Willing to share experience to develop talents in this company
- Willing to work late for teleconference with overseas colleagues occasionally, to provide technical support over telephone to assist first and second level support, round the clock.
- Passionate about new knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and
- comfortable in cross-cultural environment.
- Quick learner and ability to quickly grasp technical/business concepts.
- Technically-inclined, analytical, meticulous and attentive to details.
- Ability to solve problems in real-time production systems.
- Work independently, takes ownership of problems within own area of knowledge and accountable for the quality of own work.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high stress tolerance and potentially overtime with advance notice from management.
- Willing to work late for teleconference with overseas developers occasionally, to provide technical support over telephone to assist first and second level support, round the clock.
- Good documentation and presentation skill.
- Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and comfortable in cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. (Writing in English is a primary function of this role)
- Professional experience / knowledge will be an advantage: Project Management, Data Network communication, Financial Market Industry is a big plus.
- Can work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Optimistic, and open-minded.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.