Champion and proactively support the sales of the TRSS propositions in the government and commercial marketplace through effective partner relationships. The partner landscape includes both internal and external companies where TRSS is reselling, sub-contracting, and/or prime-contracting. The role involves creating & leveraging strong partner relationships, promoting TRSS solutions, seeking and developing new business (inside and outside of the TRSS existing customer base) and driving competitive sales opportunities. This role requires a close working relationship with the Business Development Directors to ensure success which will include tactical and strategic opportunity planning. The right candidate must be sales savvy with the ability to understand the partners’ environments customers’ environment, and thrive on a team.
- Identify and key business partners, strategic consultants, and account alliances designed to produce sales opportunities.
- Work with all third party companies to drive TRSS sales; this includes establishing appropriate contractual relationships and negotiating terms for partnering/reselling
- Collaborate closely with Business Development Directors and Account Management teams to ensure coordinated service and sales strategies with 3rd parties;
- Ensure and increase client satisfaction by demonstrating relevant new content and functionality. Coordinate 3rd party product training;
- Participate in partner calls, create and deliver customized presentations (in person or online), provide written proposals and subject matter expertise for TRSS solutions;
- Utilize knowledge of government requirements and contracting mechanisms to determine and position TRSS value-added solutions;
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and easily differentiate to the customer TRSS’s unique capabilities and value proposition;
- Act as a knowledge champion in market-based product knowledge relative to the customer segment;
- Educate partners on the benefits of TRSS solutions over competitors and train/educate partners for optimal productivity;
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses
- Attain assigned client retention and sales goals;
- Top Secret Security clearance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-8 years Business Development experience in the Department of Defense and National Intelligence Community required
- 4-8 years of Program/Project management experience delivering on large scale Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) vehicles required
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods, and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels of a client's organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player with strong business acumen, superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- Public records/open source data experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with procurement listing and tracking tools such as FedBizOps, Deltek or INPUT.
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings, and to customer locations
- Proficient in web-based demo platforms, MS Office/internet
- Must be able to travel to customer locations and company meetings (car and limited airplane travel)
- Able to carry company materials (to include laptop, marketing material, etc.)
- Able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer
- Able to use the phone
More information about Thomson Reuters Special Services can be found on www.TRSSLLC.com.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America