Leads the Tax & Accounting Commercial Strategy & Policy function to drive alignment of key commercial policies to create consistent business practices for all of our products and services and create common pricing frameworks across all business segments. Provides recommendations and guidance on the commercial structure of deals and leads the strategy and execution of other commercially strategic projects in conjunction with the business segments. This is a cross-Tax and Accounting role, covering all products, geographies and account types.
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction for and ensuring the successful execution of commercial activities globally working closely with the Business Unit team.
- Leads the team to innovate on pricing, deal structures, bundling and using data to make better price realization decisions.
- Creates targeted bundles to drive more adoption of our products, make existing products stickier as well as displace competitor products.
- Responsible for defining and implementing changes to our commercial model and harmonizing across the various products and solution sets.
- Develops pricing strategies in partnership with the business segments to drive competitive wins, sales, revenues and grow existing client base. Provides strategic commercial expertise to key stakeholders.
- Partners with Business Operations to design and execute future state Lead to Cash tools and processes to support global commercial framework and commercial relationships
- Works effectively across the organization to influence and create acceptance for competitive pricing position.
- Partners with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product Management and Business Segment MDs to identify optimal pricing position that is aligned with business’ strategy and revenue targets.
- Works very closely with Sales to understand competitor pricing and positioning and provides recommendation for changes where necessary.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Requires a high level of collaboration across the business unit, Sales/Marketing, Finance, Product Management and Business Unit MDs.
- Provides insight to key stakeholders using sophisticated quantitative and qualitative methodologies about the markets, products, services and customers.
- Coordinates with global stakeholders to ensure consistency in policy and pricing frameworks / strategies.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- The Vice President of Commercial Strategy & Policy is recognized as a commercial strategy expert and advisor to senior management globally/across businesses.
- Previous work with Sales and in a commercial strategy capacity desirable. Understands market dynamics that affect pricing practices.
- Previous internal Thomson Reuters experience preferable, specifically knowledge about Thomson Reuters sales practices, product pricing, customer administration and sales systems / processes but not required.
- Has a strong understanding of the Tax & Accounting business segments including key value propositions.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical to this role as incumbent must be confident in making a case from a different perspective and negotiating internally to ensure this perspective has credibility.
- Extremely customer focused and service-oriented. Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to link seemingly unrelated subjects in order to draw conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while managing a large number of stakeholders with differing priorities.
- Strong Excel skills are preferable.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Effectively partners and leverages relationships with senior managers across Tax and Accounting businesses and functions.
CERTIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
College/university degree in Business, Marketing or Finance preferred.
Advanced degree preferred.
• Significant experience in Commercial Strategy, Product Management or Sales.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America