Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Professional is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their Development Operations team! The DevOps Engineer position will be located in Ahmedabad/Hyderabad and will provide day to day application support of the Tax & Accounting Professional online hosted products operating within
Thomson Reuters Data Centers and Amazon Web Services. Working closely with the Thomson Reuters Data Center Operations teams and local Development teams, the DevOps Engineer will help ensure availability, stability and performance of Tax & Accounting Professional products.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Participates in the implementation, deployment and maintenance of TRTA Professional online applications
- Work with a wide array of technologies to meet objectives including:
- Windows and Linux Servers
- MSSQL mySQL Oracle and PostgreSQL Database Servers,
- Tomcat, Apache and IIS Applications Servers
- Microsoft Exchange
- Enterprise Storage
- Software deployment and lifecycle management software
- Public and Private Cloud Technologies
- Performs daily tasks and ongoing projects relative to operational and application support of TRTA Professional products.
- These tasks include monitoring, backup / restores, application availability, scheduled / nonscheduled
- maintenance, release
- management, code deployment and configuration management.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Thomson Reuters Data Center and TRTA Professional Development staff
- Drives efficiency and accuracy through scripting, automation, documentation and continual process improvement.
- Work to resolve technical issues escalated from other teams and/or external customers
- Respond to, and resolve alerts from application monitoring systems to ensure product
- Documentation of application management, configuration management, release management, systems architecture and
- administrative processes
- Work with leadership to provide regular status reports of given project tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience systems administration on Windows and/or Open Source (Linux) platforms
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and deployment methodologies
- Experience delivering and supporting enterprise level web based applications to external customers.
- A fundamental understanding of networking such as DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers and
- WAN connections.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Experience with systems that connect to central storage devices, NAS or SAN.
- Experience with Public Cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Azure) a plus.
- Experience with Linux/Unix Shell Scripting and/or Windows scripting a plus.
- Professional technical certifications are a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.