Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform integrates, distributes, and adds value to information from and about the markets. This includes real-time and historical prices from data vendors, exchanges, and brokers; real-time and historical news from the press, the web and internal analysts; as well as internal calculations and other forms of proprietary information used to support crucial decisions.
We are seeking a highly motivated Developer to extend and support our industry-leading Enterprise platform. One of the initial assignments is to lead the migration of an existing Enterprise Platform system to AWS first, then multi Cloud.
- Assess and recommend public, private and hybrid Cloud solutions hosted in AWS including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Advise management and team members on various Cloud solution options, discuss benefits and risks of each, while recommending a solution that aligns with the customer’s business needs
- Design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions using AWS and related technologies
- Design of software modules; implementation in C++, unit testing, integration testing, performance testing.
- Participates in code/design reviews.
- Contributes toward product and internal documentation – technical specifications, software documentation and unit test plans.
- Assists in resolution of field problems as needed
- Partners with Quality Assurance to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud solutions utilizing AWS required
- 5+ years of computer software development experience
- Experience with automation services for AWS, such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, or OpsWorks
- AWS API experience and experience with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell or bash
- Experience in AWS management services such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, FlowLogs and Trusted Advisor
- Experience in managing AWS costs through Trusted Advisor and the use of reserved/spot instances when appropriate
- Experience in performance tuning for EC2 instances, EBS volumes and AWS networking (e.g. enhanced networking, placement groups, etc.)
- Experience and a solid understanding of security in AWS IAM as well as network security (e.g. security groups, ACLs, route tables, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure/cloud migrations, infrastructure disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- Experience developing in C++, C#, and/or other Object Oriented programming languages, in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with containerization is a plus. Docker is preferred. Experience in ECS, Kubernettes and/or Mesosphere are a plus
- Server virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V experience is a plus
- Infrastructure background in networking is a plus
- Experience with cloud hosted databases such as AWS RDS is a plus
- Experience with Active Directory or other directory services and their integration with AWS is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in real time C/C++ programming skills, strong UNIX operating System skills (Linux) preferred
- Familiarity with network programming (e.g., sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, multicast).
- Solid, experience with Linux operating systems, including Shell scripting, Perl, Python and basic system administration
- Market data industry experiences a strong plus; experience with RMDS/TREP products a strong plus; experience with Microsoft Windows a plus; experience with Jenkins continuous integration a plus
Education/Certification Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Oak Brook-Illinois-United States of America