Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013 and we are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Lead Functional Consultant, Court Management Solutions UK & Ireland
Position Type: permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
To lead and manage the business analysis capability for the Court Management Solutions business in the UK & Ireland based around (but not exclusively limited to) the C-Track solution suite; including, consulting with customers and partners to identify business needs, acting as a conduit for translating user needs into functional and technical requirements that technical teams can deliver against, and supporting customer change programmes to adapt to our solutions.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To develop a sound knowledge of criminal and administrative proceedings and litigation, arbitration, and dispute resolution processes, specifically as they relate to Courts, Arbitrators, and Mediation providers and general knowledge of the user eco-system that operates around these providers (law firms, barristers, litigants in person, prosecutors etc)
- To act as the functional subject matter expert for the C-Track solution suite – case management system, electronic filing, public access and reporting.
- To liaise with customer stakeholders, business managers, employees, and users to understand and document business requirements across affected business areas
- Contribute to and support research, requirement gathering and validation activities directly with customers, including usability and acceptance testing
- Communicate with all levels of the organization to ensure that the business requirements are valid.
- Provide feedback to the customer and on the required business process changes and/or the implication of customized design.
- Analyse, translate and map third party business data models onto C-Track business model for data migration projects
- Configure the C-Track solution suite functionality to satisfy business requirements and business process design.
- Assess proposed customer configurations and customisations within a customer implementation/solution to understand and address the extent of change with respect to, the core C-Track product, existing customer C-Track environment and/or with designs in progress in other C-Track implementation projects or jurisdictions for the specific customer.
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other teams to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Lead projects or regularly coach other project personnel to ensure functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Support customers in their business change efforts, including engagement with key user groups, undertaking demonstrations in person, and virtually.
- To understand, document and prioritise business requirements across affected business areas
- To work with business owners to develop optimal solutions
- To develop complete and accurate business models including process, data and organisation
- Work with project manager/s to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issues
- Work with the business owners to define acceptance criteria
- Assist in developing best practice in the execution of requirements, design and usability
- Create project initiation documents defining high-level scope.
- Mentor and coach junior business analysts, providing leadership in the team and taking accountability for the quality of their tasks and deliverables.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
Technical skills (How TO do things):
- Demonstrable experience of being a Business Analyst Use of modelling tools, requirements management software, wire-framing tools and basic photoshop-type skills Experience of operation with Agile / DSDM project methodology Basic MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Interpersonal skills (How WE do things):
- Able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders up to senior management level Ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology Good written and oral communications skills able to converse with all levels of the organisation Able to work with project management team to achieve positive results Good presentation skills
Personal skills (How I do things):
- Able to work with little direct supervision Able to work effectively in a team environment where team members may not be co-located Self motivated and pro-active Good analytical and process improvement / business transformation skills Able to identify and manage business risks and issues Understands expectations that were set with business and recognises when issues / events may affect delivery.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Legal qualification or demonstrable knowledge of the Legal market
- Detailed knowledge of online services and content centres.
Education/ Certifications Required:
There is a requirement to travel to customer locations as needed for customer engagements. On the whole, this is expected to be within central London, and periodically to regional court centres but could include International assignments occasionally.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.