Senior Product Manager – Customer Experience
About Reuters News Agency:
Reuters, the world’s largest international news agency, is a leading provider of real-time, high-impact, multimedia news and information services to publishers (print, digital, and social) and broadcasters (TV and radio) around the globe.
Reuters News Agency is seeking an energetic and experienced Senior Product Manager to join our customer experience team to help develop and manage our fantastic new content and services platform, Reuters Connect. Our clients are largely media companies and brands who need to be able to access and use our award-winning content quickly and easily. Although market reaction to Reuters Connect has been overwhelmingly positive, we have an ethos of constant improvement and you will be responsible for helping ensure the platform remains best-in-class.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be devoted to great user experience, passionate about news and curious about changing news consumption patterns.
- Combine strategic thinking with top-notch operational skills in order to get features out the door.
- Be equally fascinated with technology (quantitative analytics) and design (customer feedback) to deliver the best user experience.
- Confidently prioritize in a fast-changing environment.
- Be a team player, have a thick skin and a brilliant sense of humor.
- Identify opportunities based on user needs, revenue impact and input from stakeholders.
- Use customer feedback, site metrics, market research and competitive analysis to create compelling cases for what we should do next, how, and why.
- Define product specifications, write detailed requirements & wireframe new product concepts, establish milestones, and manage design, development and QA for a cross-functional scrum team of 6-8 people. You'll also be accountable for delivery of product by this team.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Continuously propose A/B tests to improve engagement and test new features.
- Clearly and effectively communicate the how, what, and why about any changes.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics and provide insight to drive product development recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive product management / product ownership / design experience:
- Wireframing / prototyping tools – Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Marvel, Adobe CS or similar
- Solid understanding of SEO, social and CRM products.
- Solid knowledge of analytics tools (GA, Omniture)
- Comprehensive experience of working in an Agile software development environment with deep knowledge or tools such as JIRA and Trello.
- Informing product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (A/B testing).
- Fantastic communication skills (written and oral)
- You'll need to be highly organised, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities.
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Collaborative, proactive, and flexible.
- Ability to lead collaboratively, working across multiple teams in various time zones.
Skills / Qualifications – Bonus Points
- Experience working in a media business
- Strong technical abilities and/or meaningful coding experience.
- Experience working for a global company or with global teams.
- Experience managing CRM platforms.
- Preference to deliver simple UIs and prototypes over detailed product requirements definitions.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.