Location: London, United Kingdom
Opening Date of Applications: 08/01/2018
Closing Date of Applications: 04/02/2018
Position: Senior Software Engineer
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as a member of a software delivery team within the Technology Development group based in Nottingham, the successful candidate would fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
• Working with team members across geographic locations (UK, Beijing, Bangkok, New York)
• Reviewing specifications and working with the Product team to refine the business and functional requirements.
• Software analysis and design against agreed requirements and functional specifications.
• Liaising with the business team, architects and other developers to ensure correct interpretation of business requirements.
• Estimating the effort required to produce work products and producing work breakdowns.
• Preparing and collaborating on technical specifications, designs, and code for software components developed by the team.
• Software implementation, maintenance and problem resolution.
• Designing and implementing unit test cases.
• Reviewing designs, specifications and software changes.
• Assisting in the creation and preparation of product releases.
• Helping to diagnose faults and implement potential solutions when issues are reported on the Production systems.
• May include taking technical ownership of particular components or work items.
• May include the provision of 3rd level support
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent background in Java development with emphasis on efficient, high performance code for trading/finance applications
• Programming experience with relational database (Oracle/JDBC); implementation of JMS using Active MQ and IBM MQ; extensive use of latest Hibernate and Spring technologies
• Database application design
• Strong experience of integration with Solace messaging
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong track record in the delivery of software based solutions.
• Strong understanding of software systems, development issues, methodologies, and processes within a professional software development practice.
• Strong ongoing technical/development.
• Strong understanding and competence with software configuration management systems.
• Strong analytical skills, e.g. can investigate problems with little initial information
• Excellent academic record.
DESIRABLE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Oracle knowledge (DDL, DML, RAC, AQ, etc.)
• Glassfish application server, Apache, WebSphere MQ, JMS, MQ
• FIX protocol, FpML and XML
• Digital Certificates
• Groovy, Jenkins, Subversion, GIT, Cucumber
• Solaris, Linux
• An understanding of agile development methodologies.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.