As a UX Manager for Thomson Reuters Legal, you will be a trusted, respected, industry professional responsible for managing, mentoring and inspiring team members to create our next generation of legal products.
- Manage multiple projects; oversee planning, concept development, design and implementation; assign tasks and monitoring progress
- Prioritize UX resources and the work they’re involved in, placing team members into product teams and on initiatives that complement their skills, career ambitions and growth opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to create and improve the UX designs of our products– from planning and making the case for new technology or features, identify, and resolve usability issues
- Recruit, hire and mentor world-class UX talent
- Continually coach UX team members on tactical design skills, soft skills and growth within their careers.
- Manage, mentor and develop team members to ensure they’re engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle, delivering consistent quality work that meets our UX standards, and staying motivated to grow and achieve more.
- Develop team members to reach their full potential - understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide effective design feedback and critiques, advice, training and advocacy.
- Lead by example in creating a positive, supportive team environment that encourages collaboration, innovation and respectful discussion.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BA/BS or higher in information science, information design, computer science, human computer interaction (HCI), instructional design, quality assurance, learning technology, cognitive science, library sciences, assistive technology, related field or equivalent industry training / experience.
- 8+ years overall experience within the field of user experience and interaction design (or education equivalent).
- 4+ year experience leading large complex projects
- 2+ years of managing teams
- Excellent understanding of customer needs. Successfully plan, manage and assure quality execution of UX activities while both pursuing business goals and giving a voice to end users.
- Experience collaborating and delivering results with stakeholders across the organization including Product Development & Management, Sales, Technology and end users.
- Experience with all phases and activities in a User-Centered Design process from the initial intake and discovery to testing and documentation/specifications.
- Strong understanding of design principles (typography, color theory, grids, hierarchy) with a passion for modern design and technology, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Strong influence management skills and be able to effectively deal with ambiguous situations and make decisions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Must have a portfolio of relevant work with demonstrated experience designing modern, data-driven web applications; mobile, tablet, responsive/adaptive design experience a plus.
- Experience collaborating with Agile teams and environments.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America