We are looking for a French speaking Credit Collections Specialist in Eagan that will be responsible for daily collection activities to resolve past due balances by working with customers and business partners in a professional and timely manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Works on an assigned portfolio that includes a mixture of both routine and complex accounts.
- Conducts extensive research and analysis of account history (usage, payment history, subscriptions, and subscription contracts) and check all available computer systems (Get Paid, 3E, Oracle, SharePoint) to determine the appropriate action necessary for successfully handling customer problems and inquiries.
- Contacts customers to secure payment and resolve billing disputes in a manner that is fair and equitable and maximizes receivable recoveries as well as providing professional and attentive services that preserves the ongoing relationship with each customer.
- Works autonomously and has the ability to exercise sound business judgment in collecting balance and realistic payment terms with minimal credit issued.
- Analyzes and researches individual account history that are complicated and multi-faceted including such things as billing disputes, unresolved installation, etc.
- Exercises independent judgment in researching disputed balances and negotiating compromise with customers.
- Successfully manages individual portfolio on a day-to-day basis with no backlogs and minimal cancellation/credit adjustments.
- Actively assist with training and mentoring of co-workers as requested by supervisor on a consistent basis and services as a key knowledge resource.
- Ability to deal with professional client base and complex customer issues with limited supervision.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work with time sensitive deadlines.
- Complete understanding and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Legal businesses, products and services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Fluency in French and English Written and Spoken language skills are required, French Canadian preferred.
- High School diploma required. University/College degree preferred.
- 1-2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated process, product and systems knowledge, teamwork and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong learning agility. Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work.
- Technical aptitude for computer applications and systems included but not limited to MS Office Suite. SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving on an individualized level and within the context of a team environment.
- Normal office hours and environments. Extra hours may be required to meet deadlines. Shift will be 7:00am - 3:30pm CT or 8:30am - 5:00pm CT.
- Ability to work with team members, contacts from other teams, departments, virtual and off-site teams effectively.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America