Account Manager role responsible for a set of client accounts in the ITES & BPM segment
- The account manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales targets, ensuring customer retention ratios, maintaining profitable growth within his or her book of business, and executing on overarching sales and corporate objectives. He or she will own and drive strategic relationships on key accounts by managing the entire account-based sales/buying process from lead generation, qualification, lead nurturing, deal qualification, solution development/presentation, through negotiations and close.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer´s needs are met and that services are provided to the highest standards.
- Strategically develops, executes and maintains a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for revenue growth and retention.
- Retain customers by tracking usage, contracts up for renewal, and ensuring customer experience.
- Accountable for end to end service delivery and performance.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of designated accounts, including organizational structure, decision processes, their market environment and the customer’s workflow and challenges.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customer and orchestrate the entire relationship within designated accounts.
- Establishes strong, long term customer relationships and identifies new business opportunities and maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Applies knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth.
- Responsible for forecasting and keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion by gathering intelligence on competitor activity and providing feedback to other internal stakeholders.
- Maximizes Thomson Reuter’s financial and strategic value for the customer, by aligning short term needs with longer term business strategies. – is this going too far? How senior do we want this role to be.
- Accurately captures and reports all aspects of account and opportunity information within a sales force automated (SFA) application.
- Works closely with a multidisciplinary team to customize product demonstrations and architect solution packages based on customer requirements.
- Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions and also vertical Ecosystem.
- Support Collection and Technology team in the connection with the customer to ensure successful implementation and healthy collection process.
- Previous account management experience.
- 5 to 10 years previous direct sales experience (proven track record of quota attainment throughout sales career).
- 5 plus years’ relevant industry experience.
- Success managing strategic clients or accounts and dynamic account portfolios.
Key competencies and skills
- Strategic and solutions focused.
- Ability to develop and execute an account plan.
- Strong understanding of customer and their business models and workflows.
- Proven ability and desire to aggressively pursue new business.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Excellent relationship building capability.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to uncover needs and identify opportunities.
- Problem solving and decision making ability --ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Strong verbal communication, networking and relationship building skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.