Perform highly responsible and professional administrative services to managers by providing a wide range of administrative support that enhances the efficiency of the business. Manage and organise the daily activities of Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Performs administrative duties for CIO.
- Responsibilities include screening calls, making complex travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports, expenses and financial data, budget tracking and recording, proof-reading, training and supervising other support staff, and customer relations, also administering award schemes where applicable.
- In addition may be required to prepare complex and confidential documents and presentations, work closely with finance teams on forecasting revenue and expense reports, be involved in conferences/event organisation, and some ad hoc project work.
- Requires strong computer and internet research skills.
- Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Accountable for determining the approach used to address issues.
Scope & Impact
- Scope of role will be global in nature as the jobholder will interface with global executives.
- Area(s) of impact include a cross-section of staff and functional areas that interface with jobholder's manager.
- Work will involve solving routine/standard problems using prior knowledge/experience.
- Understands, interprets and sets personal priorities for reaching goals.
- Limited decision making authority, working within guidelines and direction but able to make decisions on planning own work and how to do it.
Relationships: Internal / External
- Primary contacts are with executive managers throughout the organization and their assistants.
- Jobholder will have contact with key business stakeholders for the particular business group their supervisor manages.
- Contact with office and building personnel (security, catering, facilities, maintenance, etc.). Vendors, agencies, and consultants specific to particular business area.
- May have contact with the press, clients and suppliers.
- Will have good understanding of the roles related to the functional groups in own area.
- Proficient: typing skills and knowledge of computer applications necessary.
- Working Knowledge: Delegating
- Fully Competent: Compliance, Personal Organization, Data Input, Problem Solving, Project Management
- Expert: Computer Literacy, Telephone Proficiency, General Office Procedures, Personal Development, Business Writing
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters
- Previous Experience as an Executive Assistant
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.