COMPLIANCE / REGULATORY CHANGE MANAGEMENT ROLE
Primary role: Train legal professionals (primarily in India) in various regulatory, compliance, and policy-mapping issues, especially in the context of the financial services industry. The target audience for training consists of legal professionals with experience in document review and analysis for financial institutions, as well as project management, but little-to-no experience in analyzing internal financial institution policies, regulations, etc. TRLMS will provide background, training and assessment materials, but the candidate will be expected to develop additional training materials as needed, as well as assessment materials to determine success, and to serve as an internal escalation point for queries from TRLMS colleagues. The candidate might also be required to interface with clients in the context of particular regulatory/policy-mapping projects.
The successful candidate would possess the following:
· Strong understanding of financial concepts and legal and compliance issues; specifically of regulatory compliance frameworks (US, UK, or EU the most important of these) and how they impact global financial institutions
· Intimate knowledge of banking risk taxonomy, structure, and organizational hierarchies, including knowledge of financial products and services, in the context of global regulatory and compliance regimes
· Experience with financial institutions and project management – particularly with helping banks with regulatory change management programs and banking compliance
· Ability to drive team’s interpretation and understanding of statutes in light of financial products and services
· Expertise in researching laws of unfamiliar jurisdictions - Searching, exploring and extracting information (both online and otherwise) pertaining to company laws, regulations and procedures of various countries
· Ability to synthesize / “translate” complicated corporate procedures into easily understandable set of instructions/action items
· Project management skill, enabling the management and tracking of a potentially large number of regulations, client policies, and deadlines, across multiple jurisdictions
· Excellent communication and writing skills, including prior experience in client communication
· High level of analytical & logical skills
Term: Three months (potential for extension)
Note: The candidate will primarily be working with India-based teams, and will need to adjust work hours accordingly; she will not need to work an “India day”, but will need to begin her day early (e.g. 7 AM ET) to maximize overlap with the India teams’ days. At least some travel (1-2 weeks, on one or two occasions during the three month-period) to our India offices will be necessary.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.