Practical Law US is looking for a Senior Legal Editor to work on corporate governance resources for our Capital Markets & Corporate Governance Service. The focus of the editor is to expand the scope of our legal know-how materials in the following areas:
- SEC and stock exchange requirements applicable to public companies (including board committee charters, responsibilities and best practices).
- Public company reporting (including financial statements and sustainability reporting) and corporate governance issues.
- Compliance, record-keeping and best practices at public companies.
- Executive compensation issues.
The Attorney will:
- Conceptualize, draft and edit original legal know-how materials, including practice notes, annotated standard-form documents and checklists for online and print publication.
- Maintain current awareness of and analyze law and market practice in this area.
- Focus and shape the future of Practical Law’s corporate governance content.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to plan and lead product demonstrations, webinars and in-person continuing legal education seminars for current and potential subscribers.
- Assist with the development of special projects undertaken by Thomson Reuters and Practical Law.
- Organize and conduct webinars on topics of interest to attorneys practicing in the securities law area, and assist with marketing initiatives and sales demonstrations.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal: Business Transactions.
- Develop and use existing relationships with in-house counsel and legal practitioners to ensure that the corporate governance content is topical and meets their needs.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
- J.D. required.
- At least eight years’ of overall corporate governance experience, with a preference for candidates with in-house experience.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A solid understanding of the needs of law firm attorneys and corporate counsel with respect to all areas of Exchange Act reporting and public company advisory practice.
- Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends within a target industry.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to provide a writing sample.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Los Angeles-California-United States of America