Software Development Engineer (Eagan, MN)
Job Duties: Responsible for developing software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to company standards, software best practice guidelines, & corporate policies.
1. Write new software, modify existing software, or integrate software applications & modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications;
2. Create & execute unit & integration testing ensuring software meets requirements;
3. Contribute to creation of design;
4. Provide technical support to operations or other development teams;
5. Create, review, & maintain required technical documentation/manuals related to assigned software to ensure supportability & reuse;
6. Review work of peers & junior developers;
7. Assist in identifying & implementing solution options, including risk assessments;
8. Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow;
9. Participates in remediation solutions;
10. Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, & work breakdown & estimates of work;
11. Provide status updates for areas of individual responsibility within projects to supervisor;
12. Participate in team & status meetings;
13. Demonstrate software as requested.
Position requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related information technology field plus 5 years’ experience with one or more programming languages including C++ , Python, PERL.
Experience must include:
1) 5 years’ experience with software development tools including JIRA, Git, Mercurial, service development & message queuing technologies;
2) 3 years’ experience in database principles such as SQ and experience with Oracle and Hadoop;
3) 5 years’ experience with software development lifecycle & processes including SCRUM;
4) 1 year experience with cloud native applications;
5) 5 years’ experience with various operating systems (Unix, Linux, Solaris, Windows);
6) 5 years’ experience with unit & integration testing using code management & design tools including Team city, Mercurial;
7) 5 years’ experience with design patterns and other design concepts.
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Markets) LLC
Job Site: 610 Opperman Drive, Eagan, MN 55123
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.