The Regional Manager of Client Management for the Government Channel is responsible for leading a team that will drive channel revenue growth by upselling and retaining existing customers and assisting with the acquisition of new customers. This position will be responsible for maintaining fully staffed territories and supporting related recruiting and hiring activities. Further the Regional Manager will be responsible for providing effective coaching, training and performance management to Client Managers and Client Representatives in the areas of new products, sales or presentation skills, productivity tools as well as professional development. They will also team closely with the Regional Manager of Sales to ensure the renewal and sales numbers are surpassed. The Regional Manager, Client Management will promote teaming between the Client Management/Representatives and Account Executive team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success, creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of products and services for the Small Law Channel. Strong understanding of the market.
- Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach related job skills to optimize employee’s performance
- Exemplifies a strong understanding of the Government customers overall business; ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information on law firms.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Attain year-over-year revenue growth -Achieve renewal targets and sales quota to reach set growth goals. Drive online revenue growth through the upsell of existing customers both inside and outside the renewal window. Partner effectively with the sales team to generate NTO sales.
- Business Management – develop an operational business plan for the account management team which focuses on the retention and growth of our customers and the education and business acumen of the account management organization across our wide spectrum of products.
- Account Optimization – Continue to build and drive the adoption of account plans that focus on retention and growth of assigned accounts.
- Coaching - Provide performance coaching and job training to direct reports to assist in meeting and exceeding their quota. Participate in field rides and provide guidance through on the job training
- Training Account Managers – Ensure that all account managers are properly trained on product knowledge, sales, upsell and retention skills. Additionally, the RMAM will adopt a model for contract negotiations which feeds overall channel success.
- Administrative Duties – Provide guidance and oversight to expense management, work with account managers on territory planning, contribute to the leadership of the Government Channel by providing updates on account management advances and initiatives.
- Product Development & Local Marketing – Partner closely with Segment to provide input on legal information products, services and solutions which make their use and adoption more efficient in the SLF market. Design and recommend Government programs and promotions to maintain or stimulate growth.
- Hiring - Responsible for hiring qualified employees with strong skill sets in sales, product and market knowledge. Help maintain a qualified bench of candidates to expedite the hiring process and to minimize open territory coverage impact
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience; MBA and or JD a plus
- 5-7 years in a successful sales, sales support or account management role
- Sales management experience preferred, preferably in the legal market
- Experience with coaching of sales process, product training and professional development.
- Strong working knowledge of legal publishing and the account management experience
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Travel & Expense budgets for manager and all direct reports
- Regional budget
- Tracking monthly growth goals, renewal and revenue
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Houston-Texas-United States of America;Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Orlando-Florida-United States of America