Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Division is looking for aggressive, high-energy, senior software sales professionals who will identify and close sales of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing software and services to tax professionals in multinational corporations and in accounting firms.
The Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for selling ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing products to tax professionals within an assigned territory. The territory consists of a large base of multinational corporations and tax service providers.
The SE will work exclusively with new prospects both in person and over the phone. The SE draws on his/her high level of initiative, ability to evaluate and target sales opportunities quickly, and excellent customer networking skills to attain sales targets in such a way that builds value for the prospective customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales. This is accomplished through an in-depth understanding of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing products, sales techniques appropriate for a mid- to long-term sales cycle, and a keen ability to uncover and meet the needs of tax professionals.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Networks and partners with prospects both over the phone and in person in order to build confidence and develop win/win solutions; proactively stays on top of sales opportunities while navigating through customer organizations; balances frequency of contact with potential for sales.
- Excels in value-based selling, demonstrating ability to build trust with prospect via rigorous pre-call planning; ability to uncover needs via effective use of open-ended questions; ability to advocate solutions appropriate to discovered needs; and ability to gain buying commitment from prospect.
- Demonstrates an excellent ability to meet the demands of selling to a large customer base by strategizing customer contact methods. Operates with effectiveness and determination; acts promptly to take advantage of multiple opportunities; remains realistically positive in sales situations; persists to achieve sales goals despite barriers or difficulties by changing strategies, doubling efforts, or employing other techniques.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to consistently build trust and confidence with users, key contacts, managers and executives; communicates and interacts effectively with internal team partners to achieve goals
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing products and how well they fit the needs and challenges of the transfer pricing industry: Relishes on-going, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly; welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Develop territory plans to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Build, manage, and deliver on an accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly territory pipeline.
- Attain sales targets and quotas by both in person customer visits and meetings over the phone.
- Demonstrate the use of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing software to prospects.
- Obtain and provide territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration, and provide competitive intelligence.
- Complete sales performance reports and all CRM reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends sales meetings, conferences, and conventions as required.
- Some travel within the assigned territory is required.
- Minimum 5 years successful software sales experience (both over the phone and field sales); tax and accounting industry experience preferred.
- Significant track record in closing sales, generating revenue, and exceeding quotas.
- Experience with senior executives and C level decision makers (CFO, Controller, VP-Tax).
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful experience in value-based sales concepts, methods, and techniques to professionals.
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills and closing skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet.
- Working knowledge of ONESOURCE products and/or the tax and accounting industry preferred.
- High level of competency with regard to internet, periodical and internal (teaming) prospecting.
- Proficient database management skills.
Ideal Candidate Profile/Success factors:
- Tax and Accounting industry experience.
- Consultative sales skills, specifically working with clients on large sales over an extended period of time.
- Demonstrated success in sales positions requiring a high activity level.
- Strong listening skills and proficiency in asking probing questions.
- Proficiency with sales related tools, e.g., CRM systems.
- High level of integrity and strong understanding of sales ethics.
- Continuous learner; curious; flexible and open-minded.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.