Senior Product Developer – Westlaw Product Management
Develop and manage the creation of new legal research products and enhancements to Westlaw that improve the customer experience and generate substantial new revenue for Thomson Reuters. This position requires someone who is passionate about understanding our customers, is capable of bringing creative and bold new ideas to life, and will deliver superior results consistently.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Drive cross-functional product development teams to deliver new features and enhancements, including software developers, R&D, product owners, content operations, finance, marketing, customer service, testing, billing and account management.
- Ensure that business requirements, product designs and team performance are consistently excellent.
- Conduct and analyze customer research to validate, prioritize, and refine new product concepts.
- Assist with the development of cost estimates and business cases for large capital investments and support the development process through business case milestones by evaluating and reporting on progress, identifying and mitigating risks, and responding accordingly.
- Assist product launch and ongoing sales efforts with presentations, customer visits, and other forms of support that effectively communicate the customer and business benefits of new features to management, customers, field staff, and other stakeholders.
- Design, coordinate and perform quality assurance testing for products and enhancements.
- Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through usage and revenue tracking.
- Provide oversight of existing products by answering questions, investigating problems, and working with programmers to resolve problems.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- Responsible for driving cross-functional teams and troubleshooting to ensure on-time, on-budget and complete project delivery, but not directly responsible for the supervision of individual team members.
- Coordinate with others from across departments to create strategic, integrated product lines.
- Advanced legal degree (JD, LLM or MLS)
- 3+ years of experience in product development, legal product management, or related software development or design
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Substantial knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys
- Ability to transform business objectives and new product strategies into actionable plans and accountabilities
- Ability to facilitate decision making and build consensus, lead meetings and provide regular updates to all parts of the organization
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Strong negotiating skills, including the ability to engage other stakeholders not under direct management to pursue a new course of action
- Strong project management skills, including project planning and ability to drive cross-functional, cross-department teams to accomplish established objectives within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively summarize complex issues, particularly in a group setting
- Strong technical aptitude with ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Knowledge of general web and research technologies and core usability/interface design principles
- Demonstrated experience with both planning and implementing complex technical projects
- Extensive experience using Westlaw and other online research tools
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
The position is located in Eagan, Minnesota. Less than 5% travel time may be required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America