As a collector you will be responsible for activities that include collecting payments, investigating delinquent accounts, analyzing account performance, making recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigating bankruptcy claims. You will coordinate efforts and/or refer accounts to third party action when internal collections are not effective as well as maintain records, files and generate related reports.
- Responsible for keeping client accounts current and achieving monthly and quarterly targets
- Document concise status updates
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and verbally with internal and external clients
- Work closely with clients, some of which are Fortune 500 Companies, and Thomson Reuters internal staff to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution which results in payment of invoices
- Handle the decision process on disconnecting customers when payments cannot be negotiated
- Manage complicated cash application issues
- Adhere to collection strategy processes
- Monitor & analyze collection trends & identify debt issues at an early stage for resolution
- Facilitate with appropriate groups to ensure resolution of billing discrepancies
- Aid regional Credit Managers in compilation of monthly credit control reporting and forecasting
- Recommend any changes in credit control mapping to improve efficiency
- Ensure accounting for bad debts & provisioning comply with accounting standards
- Build effective relations with Customer Admin & Business Unit management
- Liaise with Finance to ensure thorough financial analyses of the viability of commercial propositions
- Help regional implementation of Credit Control Global template & country adherence to it thereafter
- Suggest & implement improvements to current practice Scope & Impact: - Drive customer satisfaction and financial results as they relate to DSO and revenue
- University degree required
- 3+ years experience in dispute resolution and managing an accounts receivable book of business
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Active listener and an understanding to customers’ needs
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Ability to liaise with multiple internal partners
- Provide consultation and advice to others
- Stress tolerance
- Dependability, persistence and integrity
- Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Results and goal driven
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America