Data Integration Specialist
Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Are you detail-oriented? Do you want to help launch a new product and improve processes around an existing product? Are you passionate about working with data? If so, read on because Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a Data Integration Specialist to join its Professional Services team.
The Data Integration Specialist works on Technical Professional Service engagements for Thomson Reuters clients that can include configuring web service integrations leveraging an ETL application, designing custom solutions to import legacy client data, and building custom reports and data extractions.
This role will be accountable for interacting with all facets and levels of the Customer to lead requirements gathering, develop solutions, and drive value by leveraging an agile development process. As part of the Data Integrations team, you will have the opportunity to apply your existing database and ETL knowledge to help us build and improve processes in order to significantly grow the business.
- Ability to examine and determine various data set file formats, data field separation mechanism, and database import/export approaches
- Support multiple projects with designing and developing ETL routines to import/export data to/from Microsoft SQL server
- Program data import, data analysis, data export, and reporting applications with Microsoft Access Database and/or other software tools
- Proficiency with Structure Query Language (SQL) syntax and operation
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of relational database management system, e.g. Microsoft Access Database, Oracle Database Server, and others
- Ability to prepare data flow diagram with Microsoft Visio and data mapping documentation
- Engage in data-driven problem solving
- Participate in the requirements gathering process for the data portion of the project
- Work with clients remotely, via phone and email, to ensure the proper data is retrieved for the project and that the configurations are setup properly prior to the conversion
- Meet timelines and ensure data is prepared, converted and configured within the specified time period
- Use business judgment to guide analysis, draw implications from analysis and synthesize into clear communications
- This position requires organizational skills, customer focus and a logical thought process
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2-3 years of experience with MS SQL Server, MS Access and corresponding tools and technologies
- 2+ years of experience in ETL tools, i.e. Adeptia, Informatica
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted database principles, ETL techniques, and Data Normalization concepts and practices
- Experience in recognizing data anomalies, inconsistencies, variations, etc. across large diverse data sets and the aptitude to quickly deploy automated process to recognize and resolve them
- Experience with data conversion and interface issues, data conversion processes and tools
- Experience with Java preferred
- Experience with or programming language and/or windows scripting language preferred
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Travel up to 25%
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment where the group’s priorities and your task at hand can change often and rapidly
- The ability to approach all tasks, no matter how repetitive- or small-seeming, with an almost obsessive attention to detail
- High organizational skills – you should be very organized, enjoy a challenge, and like bringing order to chaos
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills, and foster a high degree of end user satisfaction through the delivery of quality and timely service
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Bellevue-Washington-United States of America