Exp : 7+ Yrs
Work Location : Hyderabad
This role is for a technology expert and acts like a technical subject matter expert with increasing depth in one or more system area or spread across multiple system areas.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Requirements Analysis and Management
* Understand the project's Vision and requirements, and contribute to the creation of the supplemental requirements and building high-level technical specifications.
* Review functional and non-functional requirements for adequacy of completion.
Project Planning, Tracking, & Reporting
* Estimate the tasks and resources required to design, build, and test the code.
* Provide inputs in creating the detailed schedule for the project and Note scope changes.
* Support the team in project planning activities, in evaluating risks, and shuffle priorities based on unresolved issues.
* Provide technical management for the implementation/support of system modules.
* Review test plan to ensure all client requirements are covered and test plan is thorough.
* Responsible for ensuring that the technical design meets business requirements.
* Analyze the system development (analysis, configuration, and testing) of the technology platform
* Create High-Level Design (HLD)/Integrated System Design that defines the system technically and submit it for review.
* Identify the impact of the other systems.
Development & Support
* Develop code and provide technical assistance to developers during design implementation
* Assist with the deployment (or migration) of code/new system updates to the test/production environment.
* Participate in the problem-solving process, and identify the impact of other groups' activities on systems/technology.
* Respond to and resolve escalated issues.
* Review analysis and unit tests, providing service specific expertise.
* Coach team members technically about the system and existing workflow and processes to quickly bring them up to speed.
* Guide the team in the development and various aspects of SDLC.
* Build team skills using formal and/or informal training sessions.
Mandatory Skills :
* Four-year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business discipline or related field.
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles and can implement design patterns to achieve optimum implementation of a logical problem.
* Ability to pay attention to detail
* Possess strong analytical/logical thinking and problem solving skills and clarity of thought
* Experience with multiple development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
* Experience in Test driven development and Automated build management.
* Experience in working on developing Microsoft Office applications will added advantage.
* Should be able to serve as a role model to the team both professionally and personally
* A strong advocate for innovation.
* Familiar with other open source technologies
* Familiar with software development tools (Microsoft Visual Studio)
* Familiar with Cloud development (AWS, S3, Postgress).
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.