Job Role: Director, Operation & Service Program (Band J), Global Sourcing
Director Operation & Service Program will be responsible for global Sourcing Operation process excellence, transformation & change management, service level & reporting, Global Sourcing Hub page maintenance & communication support, system evaluation & knowledge management.
Role & Responsibility:
- Initiate and set goals for Global Sourcing Operations programs according to the strategic objectives
- Plan sourcing operation & service program from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor Global Sourcing Operations performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all sub-program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex operational problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Develop global sourcing service level and tracking metrics
- Manage reporting to determine progress and issues
- Ensure global sourcing operations and activities adhere to external legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports
- Collaborate with P2P colleagues, stakeholders & suppliers to build best-in-class sourcing operation service
- Promote Global Sourcing Operations service and its benefits internally with Global Sourcing and externally with business units
- Proven experience in Sourcing Operation & Sourcing Shared Service organization in managerial position, minimum 10 years of experience in global projects and / or businesses processes
- Thorough understanding of Sourcing & Sourcing Operations. Strong sourcing background and experience, master on sourcing methodology and able to apply in indirect sourcing environment
- Master in operation & service management techniques and methods
- Address stakeholders issues effectively, and make decisions both timely and diplomatically and able to influence people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Highly motivated and ambitious to deliver value to end customers and business both operationally and financially
- Implementing and managing effective business change
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and excellent influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience of working cross culturally
- Experience in complex and system orientated environments is essential
Location: Costa Rica
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Lagunilla de Heredia-Costa Rica