Assist with the development of new legal research products and enhancements to Westlaw that improve the customer experience and generate substantial new revenue for Thomson Reuters. This position requires someone who is passionate about understanding our customers, is capable of bringing creative and bold new ideas to life, and will deliver superior results consistently.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
· Advanced legal degree (JD, LLM or MLS)
· 2+ years of experience in product development, legal product management, OR
· 2+ years of experience in legal industry such as legal practice, legal research and editorial, legal marketing or legal technology roles
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys
· Extensive experience using Westlaw and MS Office tools to conduct large legal research projects and effectively report on the results
· Ability to transform business objectives and new product strategies into actionable requirements for technology teams
· Ability to find creative solutions to problems
· Strong negotiating skills: ability to convince other stakeholders not under direct management to pursue a new course of action
· Strong project management skills including overall project planning and ability to support cross-functional, cross-department teams to accomplish established objectives within tight deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues
· Technical aptitude with ability and desire to learn new technologies
· Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
· Proven analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.