We are looking for a collaborative and strategic individual who has a strong passion for driving the strategy and market leading position for the flagship TRTA Professional tax products (UltraTax CS, GoSystem Tax RS and Onvio Tax). This individual will have broad areas of responsibility, but will focus his/her efforts in several areas. First, he/she will serve as the primary driver for increasing tax market share for the TRTA Professional tax applications by partnering with ET&O on product strategy, product differentiation, and feature prioritization to effectively build out and maintain tax compliance and related product roadmaps. Additionally, this role includes developing and leading organizational efforts via new sales campaigns, building and delivering tax training for the sales teams, developing market positioning and working with marketing to optimize TRTA tax solutions in the market, researching competitor activity and bringing relevant insights to the business, and driving the organizational transition to Onvio Tax from our legacy tax compliance solutions.
Additionally, he/she will lead and coordinate many customer facing and third-party activities related to our tax products. These include leading the GoSystem Tax RS user group, leading the Onvio Tax user group, conducting interviews for various profession publications and market journals and working with third parties like SurePrep, Gruntworx, Xcentric, etc. Ultimately this individual will be measured by their success working with others across the business, including the ET&O organization, Sales, Marketing, & Finance, to build upon and drive the success of Onvio Tax.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the ET&O organization to help drive the product roadmap for our tax compliance products to ensure that we meet annual renewal goals, drive new sales and grow market share
- Seek out new opportunities to grow TRTA exposure for tax compliance through new associations, technology vendors, and other organizations that serve the tax & accounting space
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop impactful tax compliance campaigns that drive tax market share growth, and develop positioning and training for the sales team focused on tax workflow and market insight that support these campaigns in the market
- Partner with the product manager for third party partnerships and ET&O on strategic selection of integration partners
- Lead customer focus groups for GoSystem Tax RS and Onvio Tax and ensure that insights and feedback are communicated throughout the organization
- Partner with other TRTA business units to build out integration points between Professional tax compliance products and other products and content in Knowledge Solutions and the Corporate market.
- Develop and publish influential communications and presentations to establish TRTA tax compliance thought leadership
- Manage or otherwise aid in the creation of various Marketing collateral, including whitepapers, blog articles, videos, and other media.
- Market knowledge and expertise - Recognize new opportunities and guard the business from threats in the area of tax compliance, tax planning, and tax workflow automation
- Visit the offices of both customers and non-customers periodically to better understand the real-world needs of tax practitioners, always looking for unsolved or underserved market problems which could yield a competitive advantage if addressed with new or existing TRTA solutions.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Renewals on various pricing initiatives including price changes for existing customers, new product pricing, promotion and transition customer pricing, bundled offers, etc.
- Regularly study emerging technologies and apply those to TRTA tax compliance solutions to ensure that we continue to stay two steps ahead of the competition
- Spearhead efforts to combat the commoditization of tax compliance work by leading innovative initiatives to develop new tax oriented advisory services solutions for our markets that align with paradigm shift in profession towards consultative, value-priced service offerings
- Keep abreast of automation technology, partner strategies, and all means of further automating tax compliance work for our customers and bring forward innovative ideas that could be incorporated into the DNA of our tax compliance solutions.
- When necessary, construct written business cases and corresponding presentations advocating for proposed strategy changes in the business, whether pertaining to pricing policy, potential product enhancements, or any other portion of the overall business model.
- Maintain a keen eye on the needs of tax compliance clients of accounting firms to help drive innovation in client communications, notifications, reports, and dashboard views for end-clients.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- CPA/accounting firm experience preferred (with significant tax compliance experience)
- Significant experience (5+ years) working closely with TRTA Professional tax compliance solutions (UltraTax CS and/or GoSystem Tax RS)
- In-depth profession and TRTA Professional product knowledge preferred (including but not limited to tax compliance solutions)
- Knowledge of current technology trends and profession/SMB needs and pain points.
- Skill with product positioning, market segmentation, and strategic planning.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A strong track record of organized delivery (with decisive and well-supported outcomes) against complex client and varying business demands
- The ability to handle a variety of activities simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in accordance with organizational needs
- Demonstrated ability at managing across boundaries, exerting influence without authority, and collaborating between groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentations, project plans and status reports.
- Demonstrated strong project management and facilitation skills to drive consensus with cross-functional resources
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America