The suitable candidate will provides skilled technical support/delivery capability, with minimal supervision, for the current and future design, testing, delivery, support, and maintenance of production services in the technical operations environment.
Provides technical and procedural consistency within a team focused on the implementation, service delivery and support of products, systems & networks.
The suitable candidate will be part of the Delivery-Platform and responsible to provision the bare-metal servers and vmware infrastructure. Candidate will be responsible to carry out the installation, and configuration of Windows and Unix Operating Systems on VMs, HP and Dell hardware as per the business requirement.
Candidate works in close liaison with various operational, project, development and product teams as well working within the Service Organization to ensure ongoing service delivery and support can be maintained to agreed service levels.
o Essential Day to day Responsibilities:
• Configuration of HP Blades, HP Rackmounts & Dell RDH.
• Installation and configuration of VI infrastructure like ESXi, VI cluster and Vcenter
• VM shell creation and installation of Operating Systems on VMs
• Installation and configuration of Windows and Unix operating Systems on HP and Dell hardware
Post configuration of Windows and Linux Servers
NAS and SAN configuration on Servers
• Adding Servers to Monitoring tools
• Collaborate with Network, Storage and Database teams if any issues with builds associated with them.
• Collaborate with Solution Owners and Designers if any discrepancy found in the build specification.
• Work with Proximity and vendors to fix any h/w related issues
• Contribute to the reduction of defects in the builds and deliver quality work
• To ensure correct referral and escalation of issues
• Produce, deliver and maintain appropriate documentation for systems in accordance with Technical Operations document control standards and procedures. Also provide input to records, quality systems and management reports as required.
• Adhere to change management procedures in defining, planning and implementing change in such a way that service disruption is minimised, and adherence to Service Level Agreements is ensured.
• Work and cooperate with internal and external groups when required in order to fully support environments and maintain service.
Ability to manage own work and multitask to meet tight deadlines without losing sight of priorities
• Total of 3-5 years experience in Implementing and supporting of large IT infrastructure (500+ servers)
• Expert skills in Windows server administration (preferred MCSE certified)
• Expert skills in Linux Server Administration (preferred RHCE certified )
• Experienced on HP & Dell h/w
• Experienced in WDS, Kickstart and jumpstart automation technologies
• Moderate skills in Vmware Administration (Esxi hosts, VMs, Cluster and Vcenter)
• Moderate Skills in NAS & SAN ( experience in server side configuration of SAN and NAS )
• Moderate Skills in Networking ( vlans, subnets and firewall rules )
• scripting and automation experience ( shell, perl, phython and any other )
• ITIL Knowledge
• Solaris knowledge
• Experience in SM7/9 or ServiceNow
• Basic understanding of databases
• Knowledge on project management tools like Jira/Kanban, buildcenter etc..
• Knowledge on any automation tools and technologies like ServiceNow
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.